desertram33

Looking for a 30-06

I have a Winchester model 70 for sale on here. It's in great condition and shoots great also. I would put a good recoil pad on though. I'll lower the price to 450.00 FTF.

• Like 1

I have a Tikka T3 lite, stainless on synthetic stock, BNIB, $625. If you go back a bit, I have it posted, if it's for a youth hunter, I will do better.

Clint

• Like 1

You can get a Remington 700 in a 3006 spr. at wal-mart for 377.00,

• Like 1

I think that would be a 770. You don't want one of those

You really looking for an 30-06 for a youth hunter? That is what I shoot and my shoulder is not happy with me after a range trip. Have you considered 7mm-8?

• Like 1

I have a Rem 700 BDL with a limbsaver on it in 30-06. It's not a light gun and recoil is average. With the limbsaver my 110lb ex wife use to shoot it with no problem at all. Without the limbsaver she was scared of it. I would highly recommend not getting a lightweight 30-06 for a youth unless you reload. You can load an 06 with 125 ballistic tips and 4895 for a very effective deer round with very little recoil. Full bore 165-180 grain bullets produce lots of recoil.

• Like 1

You really looking for an 30-06 for a youth hunter? That is what I shoot and my shoulder is not happy with me after a range trip. Have you considered 7mm-8?

Rem 700 adl is the price he quoted

Nope! those are Remington 700s, I know the difference. Union Hills and the 101 wal-mart has a 3006 ADL SYN. blued, as of one week ago, I have also seen a 223 for the same price. My last rem. 700 had a 26in. #3 pac-nor,7mm mag, titanium firing pin, action trued, brown precision stock, pillared and glass bedded and timney trigger, dual dove tail mounts and Leopold scope.I put this one together with my choice of components.
  • Like 1

That is a great deal and these ones might have the trigger issue worked out! A good platform to build off of as well.

• Like 2

A 30-06 would be fine for a 15 year old if you use Managed Recoil Bullets made by Remington. They are about 50% less recoil than a regular round. They use to make them in 125 grain. This type of round would be fine out to 150 or 200 yards. My daughter used this round on her .270 when starting off - it felt less than a .243.

I shoot 180 grain out of my 06 and would not wish that on a 15 year old.

If controlled-round feeding matters to you, I have a JC Higgins Model 50 FN Mauser. It has a Bold trigger and a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock, as well as the original wood stock with an aftermarket Decelerator pad. $500 for the rifle and brass,$650 with a Bushnell 2.5-10 scope, various backup iron sights negotiable.

I'll echo Sam about using 150-grain bullets, especially since this particular rifle hates bullets over 150.

Has anyone noticed the member who post this ad is pretty quiet. L.O.L. MAYBE WE HAVE TO MANY OPINIONS?

Which of course I have 1.. opinion that is. ;) dad thought I needed 30-06 at about 13 so I moved from 243 up to -06. funny how when I grew up I went straight back to .243! Good luck with your decision as long as it works for him none of us should matter. :)