Sign in to follow this  
couesfreak23

Swarovski 15x56 SLC NON-HD Models

Hi does anyone know if there is any difference between the black, olive green and forest green Swarovski SLC 15X56 WB binoculars non hd. Also if I am not the original owner would i have any problems with warranty if I ever had to use it. Appreciate any feedback!

I've never seen 15's in black just 10x42, and there is no difference.

I have the black 15's and there is no difference...just way cooler...:)

I also have the olive green ones just picked em up this week. I look threw them and they are amazingly clear but when I was looking at a shaded hill about 1000+ yards away there was a noticeable haze. Is it suppose to be this way. Also has anyone heard about sending older models in to get upgraded if so what is the difference.

i dont think theres upgrades but i know they will replace the glass for 75$ each so 300$ total. its been a long time since i asked so i maybe wrong. unless its a warranty issue then they would probably do it for free. is the haze on the outer edge or middle? sure it wasnt something else? focus? fogging up? dirty lens?

Imagine was clear but white haze was through out optic. Compared to friends 15x50 viper hd and his also had haze. But when looking at sunny hill side details where clear and crisp. Idk what cause this maybe just conditions at that time. lens were cleaned and don't think fog was factor maybe if anyone is near Tucson with swaros maybe we could meet up to compare..

In 2008 Swarovski Optik informed me of the following:

The serial number I provided to them indicated that the Swarovski 15x56 binoculars in my possession had been manufactured in August of 2000...........

At the time of my call no technical updates or mechanical improvements were either necessary or available............

A full set of four replacement lenses were available for 350.00 US dollars plus an unspecified amount of insurance and one way shipping costs(for reasons I cannot remember replacement of all four lenses, as opposed to replacement of an individual lens, was highly recommended and I have no idea if current replacement lenses would be HD glass).......

Black colored Swarovski binoculars were only intended to be sold in the European market and if found in the USA may well have been imported without payment of the reportedly high importation tariffs.......

While I have never compared these binoculars to Swarovski's with HD glass a majority of my hunting partners agree that their early morning and late evening light gathering ability is phenomenal.......

The older olive green models have one less lense coating. Don't remember which coating it is but there is a slight difference. I bought a pair of the older olive green ones that's had just been sent to swaro for repair before I bought them. I called swaro to see what work had been done before I pulled the trigger and they told me the lenses had been replaced with the new ones which had the extra coating.

The older olive green models have one less lense coating. Don't remember which coating it is but there is a slight difference. I bought a pair of the older olive green ones that's had just been sent to swaro for repair before I bought them. I called swaro to see what work had been done before I pulled the trigger and they told me the lenses had been replaced with the new ones which had the extra coating.

Starting with the newer (non-HD) SLC with the darker green armor, they started adding the Swarobright and Swaroclean coating.

Imagine was clear but white haze was through out optic. Compared to friends 15x50 viper hd and his also had haze. But when looking at sunny hill side details where clear and crisp. Idk what cause this maybe just conditions at that time. lens were cleaned and don't think fog was factor maybe if anyone is near Tucson with swaros maybe we could meet up to compare..

The haze your referring to was probably caused by the angle of the sun at certain times of the day when looking into the shadow. I've seen this haze before also, and it always has to do with the angle of the sun relative to the shadow. If you would have looked back at the same spot a couple hours later i would bet the haze was gone. This haze isn't noticeable when looking at hills with direct sunlight on them.

Yeah that is what was probably causing the haze. Hope it don't affect me when Im out hunting. And I contacted Swarovski and ask if warranty did transfer over and he assured me it did. Also that the only difference between the olive green model to the newer forest green models non hd was a coating that made it easier to clean the lenses which I think kazpilot25 mentioned at swaroclean coating.