Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Wtb half a beef

I'm looking to purchase at least a quarter or maybe a half a beef. Does anyone have any recommendations for who to use for this? Thanks!

I'll be hitting the beef auction again soon.

We sell shares in beef steers, how soon do you need it? Just got one back from one of your local butchers after hanging 2 weeks and split it 3 ways, hanging weight was 500 lbs. Great marbling, no hormones, steroid or antibiotics,

If you PM me your info I'll get ahold of you.

pretty sure the state fair is in Oct.

• Like 1

Any idea on price per pound wrapped. I might go oin with u. Send me a pm on details

Bob Thrush is our butcher.

• Like 1

Any idea on price per pound wrapped. I might go oin with u. Send me a pm on details

I don't have any idea yet. I'm still trying to figure all this out.

According to our excel file, total from auction to freezer was $3.55 per pound wrapped and stacked.

• Like 3

According to our excel file, total from auction to freezer was $3.55 per pound wrapped and stacked.

That is about $100-$300 per pound less than a avg elk we buy stuff to hunt for and buy tags and food and gas and and and.. and moo cow tastes better! dang think I know what im doing this year if I dont draw

• Like 5

Sent you another pm edge. At that price I'm definitely game! Let me know please.

• Like 1

Ours is grass fed.

I haven't been to the grocers meat isle in a while but I don't think you can buy hamburger that cheap.

Bob's steers look good, I was just at his place last week picking up a hog. But thinking I will raise some heifers too. In blind taste tests heifers win hooves down every time.

If you're looking for pork, Bob has connections to a hog farmer, too. There's a waiting list for the hogs and we are on it. We couldn't raise them and have them butchered nearly as inexpensively as Bob does. We sure tried but then, I don't miss the smell of them either. Nasty little critters.

There's a lot to consider when buying beef. How fast do you want it, what cuts you are interested in?

I have a neighbor with 4 kids and they eat a lot of hamburger. He wants to save a lot of money and the cheapest cows out there are dairy bulls. If you are willing to take a risk on their mortality and are willing to bottle feed, you can take a very young one pulled from it's mother for less than $50 bucks. That's what your getting when you buy a Big Mac.

Last year when I bought half a beef it came out to $4.04 a pound for black angus steer. I thought that was a good price. After going that route store bought meat doesn't taste the same