Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Wtb half a beef

You'll also notice store bought meat isn't even the same color. The nasty, unnatural stuff added to the animals menu accounts for that.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but drugs, hormones only need to be cut out of the commercially grown animals diet 30 days prior to going to butcher.

According to our excel file, total from auction to freezer was $3.55 per pound wrapped and stacked.

That is about $100-$300 per pound less than a avg elk we buy stuff to hunt for and buy tags and food and gas and and and.. and moo cow tastes better! dang think I know what im doing this year if I dont draw

Don't know about that there hoghntr I would take elk over beef any day of the week..... as long as I was the one that took care of the meat.....

According to our excel file, total from auction to freezer was $3.55 per pound wrapped and stacked.

That is about $100-$300 per pound less than a avg elk we buy stuff to hunt for and buy tags and food and gas and and and.. and moo cow tastes better! dang think I know what im doing this year if I dont draw
Don't know about that there hoghntr I would take elk over beef any day of the week..... as long as I was the one that took care of the meat.....
Ya I had elk at butchers within 5hrs last year (shot in afternoon) elkie no taste so good, stinks like rutting bull and it was a cow. think butcher east of flagstaff jacked me and spoiled her. :( never drop off your big game to a group of kids when daddy not home.
  • Like 2

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have found that the taste of my game meat (especially the burger) has improved substantially since I started butchering/processing it myself. The cost savings by doing a couple of elk on my own more than paid for my 3/4 HP LEM grinder that will probably last longer than I will.

Back to the main post. I wouldn't mind getting the details on going in on a cow if anyone needs another persons to split with.

• Like 2

Great price for beef, and sure sounds tasty!

when I factor the price of Tag soup into the price per pound of game (elk, deer) home grown or grass fed organic doesn't look to bad.

• Like 4

I'm watching the cattle markets and will contact you Kennyazman first and all those in the order you pm'd me looking to go in on a butcher cow if I find one at a reasonable cost. We just butchered a steer a few weeks ago and it only took 2 phone calls to split it. Meanwhile, takes 10-11 months to raise a weaning to butcher weight. PM me if you want in on a weanling calf.

Also, we are having a hog butchered soon, a side would run 40-60 pounds.

Beef and pork prices are skyrocketing.

state fair is in October, but the Maricopa county fair (as well as other county fairs) are around the spring time.

I might be in to go half on one as well, especially if I don't draw for elk. If someone's looking for someone to split one, shoot me a PM.

Pima county fair is in April. I grew up doing 4h and spent the whole week out there for years. If you think you might be interested in a beef or a pig or whatever you should definitely sign up to be a buyer. You get in to the fair for free, they feed you brunch, and you get free (non alcoholic) drinks all day. Plus everything you pay over the floor price is tax deductible, and helps support these great programs.

• Like 2