Sign in to follow this  
bowhnt

IOWA ARCHERY DEER

depending on the outcome of the AZ draw for elk & antelope...im thinking of applying for a non-resident archery whitetail tag in Iowa. im sitting on 3 preference points for archery deer so I should have a great chance of drawing a tag.

does anyone have any outfitters they would recommend....or any to stay away from? thanks for all your help!

I'm in the same boat as you with 3 preference points in Iowa and waiting to hear about elk and pronghorn. I grew up in central Iowa and I have family farms that I have exclusive access to when I go back. I can't recommend any outfitters, but I can tell you that there are still several farmers/landowners who will allow you to hunt if you knock on their door and ask nicely for permission. You can also get onto Iowawhitetail.com and ask some questions about the zone you're planning on hunting. Those guys will know which outfitters to ask and which ones to avoid. Most of the guys there are cool and welcoming, but beware that some can be jerks when they don't need to be. Also, there are several public areas that, if you're willing to hike in a bit, you can get away from crowds. Good luck!

Straight Arrow Outfitters, Steve Hanson. Steve hunts with us every year here in AZ for Elk. Has great Trophy potential. If you are going to the Arizona Elk Society Banquet, which is sold out, he donated a hunt. Randy and Matt Liljenquist hunted with him a few years ago and had a great hunt. www.huntstraightarrow.com