Explorer

Vaquero outfitters charged with chasing antelope

I believe they can only block road access, we can heli drop in there and hunt the trust as long as we don't cross their land.

I believe they can only block road access, we can heli drop in there and hunt the trust as long as we don't cross their land.

people have done this on the ORO and still been forced to leave. Ranchers have more pull than the common man in Yavapai county.

What a piece of garbage this guy is. I hope he looses all his hunting and guiding privileges for life time. Obviously the 5 year band he was slapped with in 2003 didn't work. Maybe this time jail.

• Like 3

I dont have a dog in this but he is not guilty as of now. See how this plays out and if he is found guilty then he should get the max penalty as this would be strike two. But he is innocent till PROVEN guilty.

• Like 4

Get the story first hand from a reliable source. He's guilty as sin. I hope they throw the book at him.

I sent a letter to magahn ranches about access to pig hunt in 20b and never got a reply. I offered to ride fence, do ranch work, take pics of ranch conditions, water hole conditions, and offered a log of sausage if I was successful. No reply

• Like 1

I have never hunted one of these checkerboard sections of private/STL properties, but it was my understanding that if you walked in, you were legal to hunt the STL portions. Yes? No? It is knowing the boundaries that would be extremely difficult. You would need to GPS each section corner and make sure you were on the correct side of the invisible line. Looks like you could almost stay on public land if you went corner to corner within the fenced portion.

We will see if the first statement changes this year. I put in for the early rifle bull in unit 10 this year. If I get drawn, I will have to suck it up and pay the ranch fee for the Big Bo....

Way off topic but state land is NOT the same as public land. And most if not all of the ORO is private to my knowledge. Not that that has any bearing on this incident.

Im sure they will plead this way down and get wrist slapped.

corner jumping is illegal last time I checked but there have been some lawsuits that might have reversed that.

• Like 1

Way off topic but state land is NOT the same as public land. And most if not all of the ORO is private to my knowledge. Not that that has any bearing on this incident.

Im sure they will plead this way down and get wrist slapped.

corner jumping is illegal last time I checked but there have been some lawsuits that might have reversed that.

You might both be totally right. It has been a long time since I did any research on the subject.

Getting off topic, but pretty much every large private ranch that plays the exclusivity card in northern arizona contains state trust land within its boarders that it does not allow the public to access or hunt. Big Bo, X - 1, Oro, Fort Rock, all of the blue is state trust:

I was just going by this post.

Too bad people like this will never go to "real" prison because it's what they deserve.

To steal from other legal hunters in the name of money is as far from what is the "right" way to treat a public resource as you can get. If natural movements or migration puts the game on their property, that's one thing. Anything else is BS!