NOTAGS

Bowfishing reports?

Has anyone been at Rosey yet this spring to bowfish? I am hoping to make a run the weekend of the 21st. I am hoping the warm weather coming in gets the carp cruising. It keeps things fun when the crappie fishing is slow.

Was up this weekend bass fishing this weekend and seen thousands of carp balled up, kissing the surface and cruising the shorelines between the ranger station and the Badger Boat ramp on Windy Hill... Not unusual to see a lot like that, this time of year, but I can not say I have ever seen as many as we had this weekend and packed solid for over half a mile of shoreline from 2 to 10 feet of water.

• Like 1

Str8Shot, thanks for the report! That makes up my mind! I'll see if I can get a few out of the way for your bass fishing!

• Like 2

Awesome! Great report trying to get up there on Friday.

How bad was the wind. I know Rosey can get pretty ugly in spring with the waves.

Awesome! Great report trying to get up there on Friday.

How bad was the wind. I know Rosey can get pretty ugly in spring with the waves.

can only speak for last weekend and wind was not an issue though we thought it would be .... both days were almost perfect with the early morning winds burning away with the rising sun, and only a couple hours of nice breeze in early afternoon. Not a whitecap all weekend!

Heading up tomorrow to do some fishing and shooting. I will let you all know how it goes.

I have read the crappie and bass are turning on so I am hoping I can do some shooting in the backs of the coves after working the cover for Bass. If I can find some crappie just another bonus!

Dang now I am all excited and want to leave today! <_<

Heading up tomorrow to do some fishing and shooting. I will let you all know how it goes.

I have read the crappie and bass are turning on so I am hoping I can do some shooting in the backs of the coves after working the cover for Bass. If I can find some crappie just another bonus!

Dang now I am all excited and want to leave today! <_<

The males are working up into the thicker cover in shallower water, was tearing them up on a gold , with orange belly yozuri shallow runner fishing it slow stop and go .... look to drop shot the deeper water 15-25 ft for some of the bigger females, I did not feel they are staging real hard for the spawn yet , but should over the next couple weeks... crappie we could find in a few areas but getting them to take anything was a lost cause ( I am blaming that moon phase last weekend) that should change over these next couple weekends as well. these next couple weekends could be good for using a light at night in Salome for both crappie and bass, but that is my opinion.

• Like 1

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the color. I agree I think the next 3-4 weeks should be a lot of fun.

I will let you know if we find the crappie and can get them to cooperate.

CWPredator And I had a successful 1st trip to roosey friday night! Shot for 5hrs.

post-3086-0-46158400-1426513857_thumb.jpg

Sweet , always good seeing those bloody decks... looks like a lot of fun was had.... by chance any work that area we seen all of them 2 weekends ago ?

CWPredator And I had a successful 1st trip to roosey friday night! Shot for 5hrs.

first time i have seen that kinda steering wheel on a boat

You guys eat the Buffalo. I've been told theyre good, but never tried. We'd catch them in TN up to 40lbs or so.