joelpresmyk8

Vaquero outfitters..... Ouch that'll leave a mark

The article states he lost his license for five years in 2003. Interesting because when i was spending time one the oro in 2005-2006 he was still in charge of all the hunting on the ranch.

• Like 1

i'm sorry offended ya slider, if i ax you your address will you tell me to it so i can send you a dollar. use it to buy a sense of humor.

My eyes bled a little, but no worse for wear. I'll do you one better. I'll send you a dollar to put towards a Hooked on Phonics book.
  • Like 5

Not all outfitters are bad.

But if you have ever finally drawn a Bull or Strip tag and then been harassed by a guides "helpers" you probably would feel that there needs to be a limit

on helpers.. I be the happiest guy on the mountain if a hunter was limited to two guides. Imagine having helpers drive by your camp

before daylight then watching an animal you wanted to hunt nobody with a tag among them.. giving you the death stare as you come to hunt or telling you this is their clients animal or even spooking it off on purpose.. But of course they are there every year so its their spot,, right?

If a "helper" is harassing a legal hunter the, then the outfitter should be fined the helper fined and banned forever for working for a guide.

how many helpers is to many? 5? 10? 20?

It will happen to you just draw a premium tag

heck I even had this happen when I drew an early 22 archery bull elk tag. I met an old fart there was a local I told him what bull I was after he told me his son had the hunt that followed mine and they were after the same bull so then for the next two weeks these old retired farts chased that bull around bugling and screaming at him and just pushing him away from me at all times.*Nice I was hunting with dislocated ribs and a collapsed hip and half dozen old farts couldn't even let me have a fair chance. :(

**But how do ya prove harrasement? btw it's the bull in my avatar they so kindly kept in contact with

Rubber bullets or skunk scented paintballs come to mind.

Ever happens again, let me know. I will be there in a heartbeat with arrows tipped with blunts and my paintball gun, along with about 5-10 buddies. I got your back Mike.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

Was curious, as to how many are actually naive enough to think this is an isolated incident????? If so ya don't get out much. Between the scouting, and actual spotting for hunters during elk season by aircraft. I'm actually amazed. As it is pretty blatant. Watched a circus in the southern part of eight while lion hunting. Actually thought the might have been interested in purchasing a hound. As they were probably able to see how many fleas they had.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Was curious, as to how many are actually naive enough to think this is an isolated incident????? If so ya don't get out much. Between the scouting, and actual spotting for hunters during elk season by aircraft. I'm actually amazed. As it is pretty blatant. Watched a circus in the southern part of eight while lion hunting. Actually thought the might have been interested in purchasing a hound. As they were probably able to see how many fleas they had.

Take care, Willie

YOU are so right..

enough is enough

I think its time it stopped, If someone gets caught doing those things then the laws the law.

I think they should get tougher on these things longer sentences and bigger fines.

Guest wdenike

big $ big lawyers...problem solved

CHIT FLOWS DOWN HILL!!!!!!! And is slowly flowing into state and local gooberments. After all the big boys in Washington pillage the people. AND DID YOU SAY LAWYERS??????????? My My why on earth would ya single out these fine individuals??????

Take care, Willie

Just a thought while I was thinking about this topic.

SPORTMANSHIP

So as I think of anyone interfering with someones hunt especially to make a buck

** I think back to a thread on here last fall about a youth camp.. I apologize I dont remember who it was but they took youth hunters into area they hunted.. youth they did not know before this camp.. that member then took a youth and harvested the buck that he himself had scouted and had intended for himself in few weeks when his hunt rolled around.. I WISH THERE WERE MORE HUNTERS LIKE THIS.. to sacrifice your hunt to put a smile on a kids face is just top notch! now I get it $ is $ and at what lengths do you go before you go to far to make it?? well I know personally for me but maybe people just need to take inventory on what about themself they are losing in order to make that $. I bet these guys grew up loving the chase and the hunt before it became a job.. before bonus $ came into play. im not a guide and have very limited knowledge compared to many hunters on here but it sickens me to think someone would purposefully ruin anothermans hunt. :(

Hopefully all who have broken the law will start to actual be punished.

Ok rambling over..

This is far from an isolated incident. I've had a guide chasing antelope in a tricked out Bronco and s small single engine plane chase a antelope herd on the same hunt within a few days of each other!

The only good thing was while the asshole flew buy us in the Bronco, his license plate fell off and we happened to pick it up! We turned it in to DFG to deal with. This was in Northern CA which is a tougher draw than even AZ. Just totally ridiculous what people think they can get away with.

Locked up where I hunt coues, I know people. Even still, no guarantee of a big buck. Tag out every Year but just meat bucks. I'm ok with it. If they close all non unlimited public access hunting land to everyone then I'll be with the rest of the Joe schmoes. Until then, I enjoy my access. Not a buddy's land I'm hunting, I just did the work and found a secluded spot.

Other guides in this state are grinning ear to ear right now.....

If you do not think he will reap benefits from selling his guiding business to his other guide, you are naïve. This happens in any and all business in this world......

• Like 1