standman

Card Hit

I like the system the way it is. In all the other states i get a hopeless feeling when i put in for elk. Arizona is the only state that has a true lottery so to speak, and preference points suck cause your chance is much lower without the required number of points of getting a tag, unlike arizona. Since 2004 i've had 7 early archery bull tags including 9,8, 6b, and various other mediocre units. It's the randomness combined with sheer luck that all of us should be a fan of here in az with our system. Without that randomness it almost wouldn't be worth putting in every year. Everyone has the same chance at getting lucky here, and with any other system including the preference point system, you might as well forget about getting lucky. Some people flip heads with quarter every time, some flip tails, and wouldn't most rather have it fall down to the flip of a quarter verses having to have a 1000 prefernce points to even have a chance!!!

• Like 5

Nothing yet for me or my pards. Think I,ll spend a few extra days shed hunting ! I enjoy that, tag or no tag. Congrats to all that drew ! I would never be upset with anyone who does get drawn, too many other things in life to enjoy ! Thats just me.

post-10954-0-75932400-1426972734.jpg

• Like 4

Nothing yet for me either but last year it wasn't until the 2nd or 3rd day of hits when I finally got the pending charge, and it was for tag#1 of my second choice! Still hope! Good luck! JIM>

• Like 2

Why is it that when I try to update my payment info I am unable to select a species?? Its a mandatory field but I get no list of choices when I try to use it!!!!!!

Because the deadline for updated your payment ifo is long past.

Well that's awesome since my card was just renewed. I'm spazzing... Nevermind. It oughta go through if I get drawn anyway; same card number, new expiration date. I hope.

I thought there was an email they sent out saying when the deadline for updating was? Got one last year, nothing this.

If you are willing to do a little research and crunch some numbers you can fill out your application in a way to maximize your odds. There are a lot of people that don't even know how to put their tag choices in the correct order and basically throw away their 2nd choices with ZERO chances of drawing it.

There's a lot to be said here, a lot of folks don't understand the draw and shoot themselves in the foot. Obviously this isn't always the case and mostly works for non-premium hunts but a lot of guys just want to go hunting and still have a hard time drawing because of how they fill out their apps.

Goinhuntn my response was not directed to you at all. My point is, we have an amazing state to hunt elk in. For many of us its the top of the latter in our hunting dreams. I have been on both ends of the spectrum, had back to back tags in premium units and went 14 years without. I just feel like everyone should have the opportunity to experience hunting here( residents). I just think this way people would definitely get that chance. You would still be able to go hunting in a less popular unit with minimal points. The way it is now that guarantee does not exist. Anyway, congrats to all who drew their dream tag and I really hope you have a great hunt. Hopefully we will get the moisture we need and horn growth will be good.

• Like 2

Anyway the guys who want to talk about changing the draw can create a new thread. I don't have an opinion on it one way or the other but this thread has turned a little negative. I haven't drawn a goat tag yet either and I have 17 bonus points. But your not going to hear me say I'm pissed off at a 10 year old for drawing a tag. Congrats and good hunting to all those who have had there credit cards hit!

Regan

• Like 8

Well that's awesome since my card was just renewed. I'm spazzing... Nevermind. It oughta go through if I get drawn anyway; same card number, new expiration date. I hope.

I think if you did draw you'll get a call from the game and fish if there are issues with the card.

I really enjoyed waiting 19 years with my 20 points. It was fun. Time went bye really quick. It only took Me 15 for lope. allready back up to 11 on lope. Just hunt other states in the meantime.Up to 8 for Deer also. but Hunt left over when I can.........BOB!

• Like 2

I'm still freaking out! I thought I must have made a mistake on my apps, but the hunt #'s on receipts are 3001 and 3114. I can't believe both my wife and myself drew tags!

Stop clogging this up with who likes and dislikes the draw. This is for hit cards, I need room for Monday when my card is hit!!!! Haha

Haha! That's what I'm thinking!

+ card hit for me. I'm excited as I know it's either 23N early rifle bull or 23N early archery bull for me (most likely archery). I had 17 BP this year and had considered holding out for early rifle but I think I was still ~5 years from a tag and I couldn't stand to keep waiting. I decided instead to change mentality and put archery as second choice and I have no regrets, it's going to be fun to chase them again. Now I have a few months to Scout and learn the unit - should be fun.

Congrats to all that drew and better luck in the next draw to those that didn't!

• Like 3