rcdinaz

Bowfishing Pleasant

Took my daughter out last night to hit Pleasant. the lake has a ton more water in it than even a few weeks ago. This kind of screwed us up as all my usual favorite places were now 15-20 feet deep. So we spent half the night driving around. Finally found fish and got a good couple of hours in driving some of the banks. They are definitely heading towards the spawn as you can see in some of the pics. She had a couple of them come off with the light draw bow she was using but finally had an outing where she shot more than one fish so it was a good night.

For anyone chasing bass they are getting ready to spawn in a hurry. Saw lots of fish and about half of them didn't want to leave their bed even with the boat and carp/arrows flying into the same coves.

If anyone is heading out in the next month let us know. Would rally like to meet up with some of you on the forum to shoot and talk bowfishing.

post-5700-0-94736100-1426972042_thumb.jpg

post-5700-0-37923800-1426972073_thumb.jpg

post-5700-0-05987700-1426972085_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like a blast! I used to bow fish a lot when I was younger and miss it, hopefully my daughter will drag me back into it when she's older! Great job! JIM>

• Like 1

Sweet! I was up there a few days ago and man is that water high. Looks fun though!

Anyone heading out this weekend?

Nice!!! Buffs were up at Roosevelt over the weekend!!! A guy shot a 40 pounder in the big fish competition Saturday.

post-553-0-89732400-1427331565_thumb.jpg

post-553-0-44836700-1427331582_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome!

So how do you go about chasing the buffs in the daytime? I have really ony shot at night. A couple times crusiing in the day but fish seem pretty skitish. Always end up fishing in the daytime, but I would chase those big boys for sure.

The big buffs right now are in open water. They are skiddish at times, others just sit there. Elevated deck is a necessity!!! middle of the lake, along cliff lines. No real rhyme or reason just gotta cruise until you find some and then stick to it or move if you quit seeing fish. They are always up somewhere! All about covering water until you get into good numbers. Good polarized glasses are a must as well. I can hardly do the night fishing stuff. Run out of juice and takes me forever to recoup. Certain hours of the day will be more productive. Just depends on the fish. On Roosevelt you can shoot at common carp all day long. Shallow or open water. But skiddish fish are the norm. If you time it right you can catch the big buffs spawning up shallow but most of the time they are in open water and can be running deep. That's part of the challenge though. Night fishing does produce easier shots but I just don't like it and seem to get bigger fish in the spring months during the day but I don't night shoot very often so.......

• Like 1

Sounds good I am going to have to make a few daytime shooting only trips inst ad of waiting until dark.

Ill start being at pleasent pretty often for the night stuff after thursday, since its close to home. I always meet CWT people at the ramps! We should get a group of CWT people together and go slay some carp.

I was fishing the river last week, and carp were jumping everywhere.

• Like 1

I am heading out Friday. Probably around lunch to chase the bass and then shoot for a few hours after dark. I want to try the north end so I am going to head to the ramp on that side. First try I always put in on the south side but I want to see if we can locate some stripers or white bass.

Let me know if you are going to head out.

• Like 1

I'll meet you out there Friday afternoon, caught 17 stripers and one monster one off the tires on the south side last weekend.

I like putting in on the north side for bow fishing though and that's what I'm prob going to do Friday.