Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

camp entertainment with "the goat boys"

Geeeeez............. this story could have gone a whole different direction.

Happy to see it was good clean fun by all.

• Like 4

Cool pix, how old are they and are they full grown? These pix brought back some great memories of goats I raised. Thanks for sharing

Geeeeez............. this story could have gone a whole different direction.

Happy to see it was good clean fun by all.

Your mind was definitely in the gutter on this one.

Ya I thought it was going that direction also. Up north here ,there is a running joke about Montanans and goats and sheep. We will leave it at that. Looks like good time with the Kids......BOB!

Cool pix, how old are they and are they full grown? These pix brought back some great memories of goats I raised. Thanks for sharing

They are just over a year old. They are my sons project, and I think they are great from what I have seen so far.

I have been looking into buying a couple pack goats....I'm looking for at least two that are some what trained and 2 or older...if anyone is selling or knows anyone selling some pack goats let me know, thanks! I'll probably post an add in the classified soon

Ya I thought it was going that direction also. Up north here ,there is a running joke about Montanans and goats and sheep. We will leave it at that. Looks like good time with the Kids.....

.BOB!

bob, you have definitely been waiting too long for that elk tag. Those montana boys are rubbin off on you. Good luck with that tag.

My brother is getting ready to start training a goat and miniature burro he aquired recently. Will be a learning experience.

Too cool. I keep wanting to get a couple also. For weed control along with pack duties. And to kick my dog's butts when they get out of line with the local wildlife.

I happened to be there on this "Goat Boys" first outing. Had a great time watching these 2 butt heads...then watch them get into EVERYTHING..including the tent, rhino, food, etc... They curl up right by the fire after a tough day of hiking and playing. Great animals and they stay right by your side. Good job Chucky on the goats.

Ha ha, my first thoughts when I seen the pictures was those boys are gonna be in the tents! Close the tents when your inside and they will be on top of the tents. Speaking from experience here. LOL

Glad to see more folks get into them. Two things to keep in mind, don't pack them with much weight until there about 3 years old and be sure to get them in good hiking condition before you pack them with much wieght. They are just like us and need to be exercised and the weight picked up gradually as they get stronger.

I just started packing a young doe I have. First time I put on a blanket and sawbucks she had no idea what was on her back and she took off at a high speed run. It was funny but Im glad I did so in my back yard/pasture and not out on the trail.

Good luck to your son, they are great hiking companions.

Southernxpress, the boys are huge, I will get you some pic's soon.

• Like 2

This is one of the best post in a while!! I thought back when I was a kid and our goats. Wow I think I might rather pack a elephant out of the deepest hole than have a goat into and eating everything ha ha! They do make great entertainment just don't like my feet sticking out of the sleeping bag because the goat thought it was a great idea to eat it!! I so wanted to eat that goat for dinner after that but it was my bag not my dads so it was just funny to him. It took me years to find the humor in that. All joking aside that is a great project Good luck.