Sign in to follow this  
hunter07

coyotes

Any one been out chasing coyotes? I ve heard they are running wild out at seven mile.

Nope. But I did see 2 tonight about 8:30pm cross Thunderbird Rd and 99th Ave in Sun City.. I usually see a few every week somewhere in Sun City..

And in case you were wondering.. No I do not live in Sun City, just pass through it alot..

Those golf courses in sun city are loaded with yotes I counted nine together at one course one day, and the courses in sun city grand put out coyote archery targets around the course to scare the geese and ducks off the greens because they don't have enough if any.

Those golf courses in sun city are loaded with yotes I counted nine together at one course one day, and the courses in sun city grand put out coyote archery targets around the course to scare the geese and ducks off the greens because they don't have enough if any.

Are you serious?? WOW, Maybe we should grab a golf cart and start a new sport 3-D golf!! Sounds like fun to me. :lol:

My sons did their sience projects for school on calling coyotes and fox. Best terrian for time of year climate conditions and such arround the Flag area.

These are a couple of pictures we got while doing the research! The NON BLOODY ones we could include with the projects :P

We got video of my 8 year old shooting at a fox with his bow! He was realy shook up and shot right between his legs ;)

post-669-1178563199.jpg

post-669-1178563281_thumb.jpg

post-669-1178563353_thumb.jpg

post-669-1178563447_thumb.jpg

Lance- Do you do do alot of calling up around flag? Do you do much of it it in the summer time? Ive never called up there during the summer and was curious on how well people did.

Lance- Do you do do alot of calling up around flag? Do you do much of it it in the summer time? Ive never called up there during the summer and was curious on how well people did.

OH YEAh! :rolleyes: I have been calling coyotes sence I was ten years old! My dad is an old pro trapper from back in the day and tought me alot about coyotes ever sence I could walk! You could say I was raised on em! :P The first day my dad took me calling when I was ten I shot my first coyote with his open sight 22. My dad went to go get the truck and I took off to track the coyote that ran off after I shot it. I found him dead in his tracks after about 200 yards. That moment created a monster! :P By the time I was twelve I couldn't remember how many coyotes I had shot :huh:

We hunt alot around Flag! But know this, there are alot of call shy dogs around Flag!!!!! <_< If you are willing to go at least 40 min to an hour from town (depending on the direction) you can get into some good hunting. It's all about location and finding dogs that are not call shy. Summer dogs are not as hungry and can be harder to call, so you have to appeal to other things along with their stomach.

Where abouts are you from?

Lance

I live down in queen creek now but i lived in Flag from 99-05. My family has a place up there in kendrick park so im up quite a bit. Ive havent called up they very much but want to. Jay

woodsaz, Kendrick park is surrounded by some awesome calling I have shot several dogs in the Kendrick area. Lance I agree with the call shy dogs. I notice close to town you can see several pull over spots along just about every road. I assume thats people calling.

azyoung

what kind of things do you do different when calling in the summer?

AZyoung- I was thinking it had to be pretty good cause I see and hear a pile of them.

Add in some coyote howls or whines or whimpers. Use other calls other than just the rabbit. Curiosity calls and not just food calls.

Lance

Anyone have any luck with antelope fawn distress? I would like to try it out, but having a hard time finding the distress sound for them, any advice?

I took my 10 year old son Roy out and after shooting some jack rabbits with his new .223 we had time to make one stand for coyotes.We didn't even finish the first series of calling and had three coyotes just about run us over.They only gave us running shots and we failed to connect.When we left the area we had a coyote pup about the size of a chihuahua stand in front of the truck.We had to get out to chase him off the road.My son had a great time seeing mule deer,antelope,coyotes and shooting his first jack rabbits.

I took my 10 year old son Roy out and after shooting some jack rabbits with his new .223 we had time to make one stand for coyotes.We didn't even finish the first series of calling and had three coyotes just about run us over.They only gave us running shots and we failed to connect.When we left the area we had a coyote pup about the size of a chihuahua stand in front of the truck.We had to get out to chase him off the road.My son had a great time seeing mule deer,antelope,coyotes and shooting his first jack rabbits.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! KEEP IT UP.