Sign in to follow this  
hunter07

coyotes

Gabe,

I sent Casey a map with red circle on it. I looked on google earth and saw this monster buck. Everytime I check google earth, he is in the same spot :rolleyes: , so I guess Casey has him tied to a tree for you ;)

Doug

Actually, I have him tied up for me. I hike in there every 3rd day to replenish his water and food supply....

Doug, please shred the original of that map!!!;)

Called in five this past saturday, killed 3, and this past monday, called and killed 2. Been seeing alot more than that running around!!

Called in three together after work last wednesday.Shot one at 20 yards after he sat down and started barking at me.

I have been out a few times this season mainly working on fox and bobcats. But taking a few yotes as well. With the dollar going down the fur will really be up this season. Thats the only thing good about a weak dollar higher fur prices! Do you guys skin and sell or just shoot for fun?

AzTrapper

I have been out a few times this season mainly working on fox and bobcats. But taking a few yotes as well. With the dollar going down the fur will really be up this season. Thats the only thing good about a weak dollar higher fur prices! Do you guys skin and sell or just shoot for fun?

AzTrapper

Would like to sell some furs this year but dont know who buys them do you know

anybody close to the flagstaff area?

AzTrapper

Would like to sell some furs this year but dont know who buys them do you know

anybody close to the flagstaff area?

Your best bet for top price is to ship to NAFA or contact Cindy Seff the president of the Arizona Trappers Assoc. about their Auction they have each year in Globe. Call your local Game and Fish and they can give you contact information. If they don't have it let me know I get e-mail from them from time to time/ Shipping will make you more money anywhere from 25%-50% more. It'easy to ship. You should have some nice coyotes and good cats I would bet coyotes might go as high as $30-$45 ave. and for a nice cat over $350 each.

AzTrapper

You know how to put up fur?

AzTrapper

Not sure what you mean, please explain.

You know how to put up fur?

AzTrapper

Not sure what you mean, please explain.

Putting up the fur is a term used to cover skinning (most fur bearers are case skinned) Flesh the hide ( remove any meat and fat let on the hide when skinning) Repair any damage. Dry the hide also called stretching the fur ( Stretching is not really done you really are pulling the hide tight on a fur form or stretcher) It really is a easy task once you have done it. Let me know if you need more details I will try and write up detail or find a article I did back in the 70’s about it.

AzTrapper

I live in Holbrook and I have been calling coyotes since I was about ten also. It is one of my favorite things to do other that deer hunting. I have used an Antolope fawn distress and it works well. I use the Kat-nip form Primos and it seems to reproduce the fawn distress very well.

Nicely done with the AR!!

Agree! I just got my hands on one myself for one of the best seasons of the year! Ah, something about the song dog coming to the rabbit choke hold. ;) Here is a pic of a friend from a couple weekends ago. #1 for the year! :lol: