Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

Rim road 300 open?

I saw a post about this last week and cant find it again but I was wondering if the road past Woods Canyon lake is open yet or when it will open. Is there a website or phone number to call and find out? Thanks!

I passed the 300 road off 87 on Sunday and it was still closed. If fact, all the roads east of 87 towards Winslow were closed. Long Lake road is open and few roads west of 87. David

(928) 535-7300

I tried calling last week, but no answer.

I suspect it's still closed. Usually opens up right around the youth-only turkey hunt

Just called main office after several bad numbers listed on the web site and finnaly got a human and she said some roads are open now and within 2 weeks most everything will be open and 3 week for sure.

Thanks guys, I guess I will change my plans.

The 300 Rd is open. I went up on friday and fished Woods Canyon and camped a few miles north of there. Temps are close to freezing at night. Holdovers are skinny.

Thanks PRDATR

Talked to forest service Friday and they said 300 open from 260 side. 87 side still closed for road maintenance. Fished Woods Canyon Saturday. Like PRDATR said they were skinny.

Just got off the phone with Forest Service and they told me the roads will all be open on Wednesday this week.