Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

Unit 9 antelope tag after 21 years

If anyone doubts how long it takes to draw a premium tag in AZ. let me illustrate. I drew my last antelope tag in 1994 when I was 39 years old, I just found out that I drew a tag because my card was hit by Az. Fish and Game for 90 dollars, and I am now 60 years old, where did the time go.

Enough whinning, I got 1 of the best tags in the US and I plan to enjoy every minute of the scouting, planning, preperation, rifle sighting, shooting, map study, ect that goes along with this.

If you see a "Bronzit" color 1999 GMC with a topper shell on it scouting unit 9 this summer that would be me. I will also be camping out 1 week before the opener to get to know the area and bucks better. I will be in a 14 x 17 outfitter style tent camp, but I don't know where it will be yet. I will update the location as I start scouting.

Stop by camp and I will buy you a beer, an we can compare notes as to what we have managed to glass up. I don't mind sharing info up to a point and there is plenty of ground to cover. If anyone has had this tag recently I could also use some starting points and tips, Any help would be appreciated.

This is most likely my last premium tag in Az for antelope and I will try to post pictures and scouting updates as I go.

Totally jazzed like a kid at Christmas, more to follow

• Like 13

Listen to Sir Royal. Maybe you can even set up camp near the juniper tree he put his tag around last year.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your goat tag. Looking forward to seeing and hearing how it all goes down. :)

Congrats on your tag I love to see people get a tag like this and will spend the time to enjoying it. Some people get a Antelope tag and go for the weekend only, makes me sick. I have been waiting for 23 years my time is coming . Good luck and post pictures.

• Like 2

Sweet congrats I am sure I will see you out there I drew the same tag and plan to spend some good time this summer scouting