Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

My 2015 Unit 10 Speed Goat * Updated w/ Pics and Story

Christina- she had me wrapped around her finger at her first cry.

Adam- she is just like mama, perfect.

Ty Murfy's.

Nick as soon as I know what unit I draw I'am going to give you a call and buy you a few cold ones.

Flatlander- I have a pair of 10x42 zeiss and a Minox backpack spotter, I am hoping that my uncle's will let me use their spotters

SirRoyal- I plan on scouting as much as possible this summer and creating a hit list similar to what Flatlander did, I have a decent Nikon Camera that I will use to get some pics for judging.

Ty Sherman- she is just great I have already been on a week long elk hunt and it was hard but I live to hunt and fish in the outdoors.

Ty BC- good luck on your hunt

SNAKES do I need to be worried about them?????? I hate SNAKES

Get Grimmets dvd on field judging just remember to subtract 3 or 4 from the score they tell you. Scout as much as you can and take pics of every buck you like. A big one will take your breath away if it doesnt move along. Most important have fun !

Your lookin like a pretty darn proud PaPa there, With good reason. Congrats On your new member to your household she is very cute.

also congrats on the speed goat tag. drink.gif I have hunted both of those units and have seen some nice bucks. Pm me anytime, I will

share what I know. Also we have a elk tag for 5 or unit 6 this year {don't know yet}. But if we get hit for 5 we can let you know what we are

seeing for goats. Hope you tag out on a toad.

• Like 1

I've only been on two goat hunts and they both ended on day 1 so I don't have much experience. I think the hardest part is learning what a good goat looks like if you aren't already familiar with judging them.

First hunt was grandpas and I spent all summer looking at goats and on day one I set him up on what I thought was a good goat that ended up being a complete dink when we ground checked him. Grandpa doesn't care about score and it was one of the best stalks I've been on so it was successful hunt dink or not.

Second hunt was my brothers and we spent all summer videoing and taking pictures of every goat we could find and He ended up taking an 80ish" goat opening morning.

My advice would be to look at as many goats as possible and not only from a long distance behind a spotter. Get up close and get pictures. If you have someone familiar with judging it might help to take them along at least on a few scouting trips. I know I took lots of pictures of what I thought were monsters only to hear my buddies break the news they weren't worth a tag when they seen the pictures.

Going on my 3rd goat hunt this year but the tag is in my pocket this time and I'll be right across the street from you if you pull the 5B tag.

• Like 1

Replied to your pm 6a. Ask away as your scouting progresses. I will help you out as much as I can.

• Like 1

Great Thread...I drew Unit 10 Archery Antelope! As the season progresses I'll give you any info I have since I will be hunting before you. Good luck on your hunt.

• Like 3

I drew unit 10 rifle as well, pretty stoked. Never hunted goats in that unit but it should be a great time! Congrats to everyone that drew!

REDDOG

• Like 1

Beautiful Daughter man, I wish you the best of luck on your Unit 10 hunt, will read this thread from time to time to hear about your adventure!

I drew unit 10 rifle as well, pretty stoked. Never hunted goats in that unit but it should be a great time! Congrats to everyone that drew!

REDDOG

Love that username. I feel like I almost copied you...? :D :D :P

Got to love it when your dad calls and says. Why dont u call some outfitters and get some prices. What I have read TLO are the people to talk to or Eli. Sound about right?

Thanks massa she is perfect. Good luck reddog I plan on scouting and posting some pics regardless if its a diy or guided.