Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

Two years in a row!

Well, my last thread I started was also called "two years in a row" in the javelina forum for sticking one with stick and string two years in a row, and I get to title this thread the same! I drew 27 sept bull last year and ate tag soup, and this year I get a chance at redemption! I'll be chasing bugling bulls with stick and string two years in a row!

Don't mob me! Lol

• Like 3

That's pretty awesome! I am going for one year in a row, hahahaha.

• Like 2

Me too!!!! Never thought I'd ever say it, my first tag soup ever last year chasing 7w bulls that refused to rut. Roughest time hunting I've ever had, emotionally.

But I get to forget all about it now! Another bull tag somewhere! Whooohoooo!

• Like 1

Coati used to be going home without a bull in the September bull gun hunt was unheard of. Not trying to rub it in. Just pointing out how far the quality (or quantity) of the unit #27 elk hunt has fallen in recent years. The decline continues for many reasons I have previously quacked about! Very sad trend to experience.

no bulls left there. they all got killed in the late bull hunt. don't bother going

• Like 1

All kidding aside the late bull hunt has been a massacre the last few years since the fire. Improved sight vision and newfound desire of the bulls not to migrate like the pre-fire days are some of the root causes of the elk herd decline (along with the expanding wolf population). Finding a greater amount of unclaimed dead bulls these days also.

Well, my last thread I started was also called "two years in a row" in the javelina forum for sticking one with stick and string two years in a row, and I get to title this thread the same! I drew 27 sept bull last year and ate tag soup, and this year I get a chance at redemption! I'll be chasing bugling bulls with stick and string two years in a row!

Don't mob me! Lol

So what happened in 27 last year? Did you miss or did you not see anything you wanted? Just curious:)

Adam

Not to derail the thread but I have asked many times before. Alpinebullwinkle where do you get your info? Can you please post links to verified data for me to review?

If I knew how ti draw a middle finger with hash tags, id do it right now.

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

• Like 6

If I knew how ti draw a middle finger with hash tags, id do it right now.

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

Excellent

• Like 1

So what happened in 27 last year? Did you miss or did you not see anything you wanted? Just curious:)

Adam

It was my first ever elk tag and the elk made me learn a few lessons the hard way. I went solo all except one day as well so it was definitely a learning experience. I had opportunities. Opening day I called in a nice 6x6 and he busted me moving into position because it sounded like he was farther than he was. Next day I had a 5x5 I drew back on, had him at 45 yards and he stopped behind the thick stuff and only popped his head out. That time a decoy or a caller back behind me would've done the trick. Opportunity on a raghorn that they didn't give me a shot. Snuck into two bedded bugling back and forth and I stopped short and tried to call and I blew him out when I should just stayed quiet and snuck into him. Got to 120 yards of the other bull and his cows busted me. First Tuesday I walked up on a little 6x6 and he spooked. Right after that is the one I regret. I walked up on a big 6x6 taking a tree with 8 cows right behind him with an open area in between us. I was about 100 yards away and he's just raking this little pine. I think to myself there's no way I'm sneaking in with 8 cows watching so I try to call him away and he ended up packing up his girls and taking off. In hindsight, I should've just got in there as close as I could, only needed 30-40 more yards to make it a 60-70 yard shot. He was taking the tree without a care, he wouldn't have heard me or noticed his cows took off before it was too late... Oh well. I have the images of the bull on opening day and this bull burned in my head.

Had a few opportunities the second week, drew back on another 5x5 that hung up in the thick stuff, stalked a ginger/blonde spike and the wind busted me. Busted a 5x5 that was sneaking in on me silently... Got to some bugles too late in the day and it got dark. Zigged when I should've zagged...