Sign in to follow this  
Toph79

ISO 7-08,260,6.5

I am looking to get a rifle for my son in hopes that he gets a deer tag since we had no charges for elk figure might as well start now to get him ready

Sir...The first week of May the Arizona Deer Association with be raffling off a weatherby sub moa 6.5 creedmore rifle. Tickets will be $5.00 each and we will only be selling 350 total tickets. Who knows a 20 dollar investment and a little luck just might get your son a fantastic rifle....

FYI....In October we will have are annual JR's Deer hunters camp in unit 23. At this yrs camp we will be giving away 4 pairs of vortex binoculars and a weatherby sub moa rifle in 308 cal. The camp is free to all jr deer and elk hunters and all jr tag holders can enter the raffles for FREE !!!....look for more info on the camp in the regs when they come out or visit are web site ( azdeer.org ) or e- mail me at azdeer1@cox.net. Thanks Dave

• Like 1

Funny you mention 23 jr hunt I took my son last year to scout for my whitetail hunt and two of my friends had the jr tag with there boys we were un successful not for the lack of animals we were seeing bucks everyday just couldn't close the deal saw the camp on the way in but I didn't know the camp offered raffles and stuff to the young hunters thank you for the info on the raffle I will be testing my luck hope it's better than my luck with drawing elk good luck to all that drew and hopefully I can share the experience with my son soon

Nice info!

I hope you find your gun I too am looking for the kids. A 7-08 seems like a great choice

I found that a great lightweight youth gun in the 6.5 Creedmoor cal is the Ruger American Predator very affordable and very accurate. BUT the only issue is no one has them. They are selling like hot cakes.

• Like 1