Sign in to follow this  
fdh88

Where did you put in?

5BS can be tough... pretty unit, and not nearly as rough/rocky like 5BN is, but we've seen a lot more elk in 5BN than in the south half of 5B in the last decade. Haven't hunted 6B much for elk, but am sure you'll enjoy either tag (who wouldn't?).

congrats

Had to buy 7th bonus point this year since I am dealing with my mom being in hospital for over 8 months now... But will Be on a few hunts with family one 23 Bull the other two cow hunts 3c

I will either have unit 9 or 10 rifle antelope and either 4a early or 23 late archery for elk

5BS can be tough... pretty unit, and not nearly as rough/rocky like 5BN is, but we've seen a lot more elk in 5BN than in the south half of 5B in the last decade. Haven't hunted 6B much for elk, but am sure you'll enjoy either tag (who wouldn't?).

congrats

As much as that info stinks to hear, it's all helpful information towards understanding what my expectatations should be this Fall. I appreciate your input. Its tough being a NR trying to make draw decisions the first time around... Never fully know what to expect until you get a season in the area under your belt, and I'm looking forward to it !

Put in for unit 9 early and late rifle cow, but didn't get a hit. So, going to put in for deer for the first time this year. Normally just whitetail hunt in Arkansas, but going to see if I can get both deer hunts in this year.

I put in for trophy 22n rifle and late 22n rifle, then unit8 rifle. I got a hit on my cc because it looks like most are doing archery these days.

I didn't put in this year. Didn't want to put up with all this fuss about waiting for results................BOB!

• Like 3

congrats

As much as that info stinks to hear, it's all helpful information towards understanding what my expectatations should be this Fall. I appreciate your input. Its tough being a NR trying to make draw decisions the first time around... Never fully know what to expect until you get a season in the area under your belt, and I'm looking forward to it !

Where are you from? Chances are you'll see more elk during that 5bs hunt than any other hunt you've ever been on. Still lots of elk in there, and it's almost all tall pine country.

congrats

Where are you from? Chances are you'll see more elk during that 5bs hunt than any other hunt you've ever been on. Still lots of elk in there, and it's almost all tall pine country.

I'm currently in UT, lived in CO and ID for a few years each. Never been blessed with an AZ tag and know that I am not in a top tier unit but still hold some expectation that it is likely to be one of the most memorable hunts I've been on to date. You guys are fortunate to chase the elk that you get to in AZ. I'm quite used to chasing lots of ragorn bulls around with a rare glimpse at a nice 6x6 a couple of times a year.

It's a tough system for NRs at $152/yr with 0% chance of drawing any of the "top" units outside of the bonus pass, so I'm just hoping for a quality hunt that I might have the opportunity to come do every 5-8years.

I just can't wait to be back in elk again this Fall ! Very excited to get down there !

Well it will be more elk than anywhere in the state of ID and the Bulls will be rutting way harder. Parts of UT have a great elk rut like we get here, and I don't know jack about Colorado aside from what I read in Outdoor life as a kid.

Have fun, lots of elk in that country.