Sign in to follow this  
Sam

WTB Youth 22 rifle

I'm just checking to see if anyone has a youth 22 rifle they would like to sell. I am looking to buy one for my nephew for his birthday.

I would prefer a bolt action, but a semi auto is ok. I do not want a single shot as he would likely get frustrated squirrel hunting.........

Thanks so much,

Sam

Don't want to hijack your thread at all but those bolt action crickets are really nice youth guns. I understand how he could get frustrated but also consider it teaches them how to aim small and miss small too only having one shot..... Might teach good habits for later in life.

• Like 1

I've got a Winchester wildcat (I think that's the model) that I might part with. It's probably got 40-50 rounds down it. Make me an offer. I'll look it up to see what they go for and we can work out a deal.

Grew up with a Winchester model 67 A Boys Rifle, bought it for 15 bucks used about 40 years ago. Bolt action, single shot. Open sights, accurate, taught me how to bear down and get it done. Still have it. He will learn to shoot better with a single shot when not counting on a quick shot number 2, 3, 4, 5 through 18.

• Like 1

Hey Sam, I am going to list a ruger 10_22 for sale very soon. In good condition with a cheap illuminated scope. I also have several thousand rounds of ammo if your interested

I agree, I think that a single shot will teach good shooting habits. But, his dad and I have talked about it and we would rather get him a bolt action or a semi auto.

Thanks for the offers on the guns - I sent everyone a pm.