Sign in to follow this  
218buck

19A TURKEY

Looking for a place to scout anyone have any suggestions my daughter has a tag for the first hunt thanks

Try the top of Mingus toward the east side of the camp grounds.

I did go on top of mingus found some birds called some in very cool was surprised by all the campers up there. They were everywhere

I did go on top of mingus found some birds called some in very cool was surprised by all the campers up there. They were everywhere

?? Maybe go back and shoot those?

• Like 1

The birds we did locate were close to the main road my daughter can not miss school on Friday ,so there's a chance that one of the other 4 tag holders could be hunting one of these birds on opening day

I was out there camping about a week ago, but I was camping only about half way up Mingus. I heard some gobbles.

In my opinion these hunts are awesome, they are awesome when you either talk to the other hunters so your not stepping on toes but if you miss Friday and they kill a couple it will be good for you cause their not in the woods. We have a similar hunt and are electing to miss Friday (save time for elk hunts) but most of all let them kill some and we have the whole unit to ourselves or at least less people. Have fun! It's gonna be great!

• Like 1

I was out there camping about a week ago, but I was camping only about half way up Mingus. I heard some gobbles.

Troy you could use a smile in that profile pic. :)

Haha everyone asks me why I don't smile...I prefer to look serious -_-

as serious as you can wearing capri pants, aviators and sportin a hipster hair-do?

• Like 3

as serious as you can wearing capri pants, aviators and sportin a hipster hair-do?

Those are shorts :ph34r: and yes serious with my aviators. I've been called a greaser because of my hair :lol: