Sign in to follow this  
Rim Runner

Unit 10

Well we are hunting unit 10 rifle cow in October, We are super excited for sure!! But, I've never even been in this unit, now I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole just a starting point.. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Congrats on the tag and welcome to the sight! A great starting point would be right at Williams behind the golf course and start scouting from there, a ton of people but plenty of elk as well. Good luck!

My advice is to get in your truck and go drive around the unit. It is a big place! The BO is closed till right before antelope season, which is where I would be if I had a tag but you got to pay to play on that ranch. But there is a ton of dirt you can look at till you can access the BO. Maybe you will find a great spot to hunt that's not on the BO, they do exist! I have hunted Or guided in 10 for over 20 yrs so as you scout and have more questions just ask. I no longer guide as the drama and the BS didn't make it fun anymore so I have no problem giving up some info for the DIY guy. Good luck.

• Like 1

Love unit 10, it's a great unit. As 208 and rage said, lots of elk. I've always stuck around the Williams corner, if you can hunt weekdays, you'll have a Better quality hunt. I harvested my elk near the Williams corner, just put in some work, get away from the crowds, and hunt hard. Don't be surprised to see cow elk taunting you on the golf course when driving back through Williams either... 😂 Big Bo is huge, so put in lots of time behind your glass.

Big Bo stands for Big Boquillas Ranch!

I help guys and gals out very year on that hunt.

We always tag several of them out in the first or 2nd day!

Williams would be my last choice!

• Like 1

I agree with SirRoyal. My brother had that hunt 2 years ago and the Deer tag also that started the day after the cow hunt. Hunted the williams corner and saw some good bucks on the elk hunt and didnt see a cow till opening day of the deer hunt ! Lots of hunters. The roads are restricted travel and no one payed any attention to them. We packed in to a water hole at the end of a road that was closed. Had many hunters that ignored the road closures. I confronted one guy and he said that he didnt give a #@^% about the signs. My brother wishes now he would have spent The $60.00 for the Big Bo permit. Thats where I would go.