Sign in to follow this  
eltaco

Permit Number?

I can finally see my draw results online, and now see my permit number. Is this number my draw position amongst other NRs, or simply my draw order amongst all other applicants?

My permit number shows 15, archery elk in 6B with 5 bps as a NR entering the draw. I had been reading that 7bps was the minimum NR to get drawn in the bonus pass last year, so curious if applications are down and I was actually drawn in the bonus pass, or I was in fact the last NR to draw a tag outside of the bonus pass.

Never been drawn in AZ, so not sure how the permit number works.

Its against all applicants and you drew it in the bonus pass round. I doubt applications are down much but where people put in changes. Especially when residents start getting to that 5-8 point range they tend to change how they apply.

There were 155 tags in that unit so as far as I know the first 20% (31 tags) went to bonus pass. That means you should've gotten it in the bonus pass. It looks like last year it took 6 to get in the bonus pass the year before it was actually 5. The one before that 6. So likely you could have pulled it in bonus pass with 5. Nice work!

I had it written down as 7pts for last year, I must have looked at how many points were required for 100% draw success.

So since I had enough points for the bonus pass for my 2nd choice, but not my 1st choice, is the 1st choice completely irrelevant on my application? As I'm reading it, the 1-2 choice pass occurs after the bonus pass is complete, so I was likely never even considered for my 1st choice. Correct?

ND... I feel for you. I grew up in Williston :)

They look at both choices. If there are no tags for your first, they go to your 2nd.

Also, if a guy drew tag 15 and got bounced, you could have drawn his tag as an "alternate". After the draw is done they re issue tags from bounced apps, retaining the original tag number. That's how I drew my tag in 2013. A 12 point guy was rejected after drawing the tag. Somewhat rare now because they call.

Eltaco you are correct as you hit enough points for your second choice you were already drawn before the 1-2 pass. So you never had a chance at your first choice. But at least your hunting.

Thanks for confirming that, Jim.

Excited to be hunting, just was unclear on this particular aspect of the draw.

Can't wait to get out there.. lots of learning to do!

The info is right on the G and F website. There is a link that you can click on that explains how the draw works. It is under the hunting tab.

I had it written down as 7pts for last year, I must have looked at how many points were required for 100% draw success.

So since I had enough points for the bonus pass for my 2nd choice, but not my 1st choice, is the 1st choice completely irrelevant on my application? As I'm reading it, the 1-2 choice pass occurs after the bonus pass is complete, so I was likely never even considered for my 1st choice. Correct?

ND... I feel for you. I grew up in Williston :)

Haha. I'm sitting In williston as I write this. I started a new business up here. Good place to be doing business but the winters suck! I try to get back at AZ a couple times a year if I can get drawn for something. Congrats on the tag! I don't know much about 6B. I hunted camp Navajo once but that was a complete goat rodeo.