Sign in to follow this  
Deserve2beworked

Rubs

Let's do a Rub thread. I've got a photo of Rub you can't believe! I'll post it last.

post-12393-0-42325800-1428865019_thumb.jpg

Check out this Rub! One bad bull!

post-12393-0-07449900-1428865465_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I thought this one was interesting.

post-4217-0-80135400-1428869239_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Check out this Rub! One bad bull!

Lol ya looks like a perfect stand to hang a big metal stand in and wait for him to return

What I like to do viewing rubs when scouting for a specific bull to hunt is find a tree rub on a tree that a bull cannot bend over (generally about 6" or greater), raise my hand up above my head........and if the top of the rub is one foot or greater above my extended hand..........go git em!!!!!!

I have found some rubs like that but never the bull that made it. Also the rubs that get me going is where you find about a 4" diameter tree just completely shredded and broken off with branches every where.

It also gets my attention if I find a tree broke off the main stem about 6' or higher up. My assumption is it takes a tremendous bull to have the torque to break it off that high off the ground.

I love this thread.. rubs have always fascinated me.

This time of year Im on the lookout for "shed" rubs! Seems like some bulls will go nuts trying to get those things off their head..

This one of the few sheds Ive actually found under one of those rubs.. What are the odds it came off his head and stuck in the ground like that??

The rub is obviously not the brown branch on the ground but look at the size of that branch he snapped to the right!

IMG_6095_zpsd2ratzjy.jpg

• Like 1