Sign in to follow this  
James Gleave

23 north early rifle.

Don't take to Millers unless you want your meat mixed with everyone else. I have a guy in young if you want his number

Sorry, but that just isn't true. I have been in the room when the sausage was made, 1 animal at a time. They have a USDA Inspector in house, there is no way they coul get away with mixing people's animals. I am sure the guy in Young does great work as well.

• Like 5

Probably one of the best elk tags anybody could have! Hold out for something big....and let us know how it went when you get back!! Good Luck!!

• Like 2

If you shoot the monster you are looking for maybe it would be to your advantage to have your meat mixed with others that have smaller bulls and better meat. The old bulls we have killed we have had a tough time cutting the gravy with a knife!!

• Like 1

Congrats on a great tag.... I have been on the N or S early hunts every year there for the last 1/2 dozen years.... it never disappoints... One of the most Fun and Physically demanding hunts you can have IMO, but it is way harder than it used to be. We took the biggest bull taken in your hunt last year... and a couple of my favorites made it another year... so dream big!

Best of wishes on your Hunt!

• Like 2

Amazing tag you drew and very physical it's very demanding, but nothing like if you drew 7E the peaks hunt good luck and get in better shape then you are now.

if you dedicate yourself to this hunt, scouting and getting fit you can kill a great bull.

Went scouting this past weekend, saw a decent 6x6. Planning on heading up there again over the holiday weekend, hopefully they will be making noise by then.

• Like 1

Coues & Sheep,

Curious as to know how you found out you guys killed the biggest bull on that hunt last year? No sarcasm or not trying to be rude. Is it mandatory to report your kill in that hunt? Is that something that the G&F lets people know?

Yeah they probably do. But I've never been paid a dime to hunt and have a very short list of accomplishments that is grossly underwhelming to prove it.

😀

• Like 2

Not you flat lander lol the guy that said they got the biggest bull in there

Hahahaha he's a good dude and with just a handful of tags it probably isn't that tuff to tell who killed the biggest.

• Like 2