Huntnchick

What has been your favorite hunt?

My husband and I put in separate every year, mostly because we have little kids. But we found out that this year we both drew the same unit archery bull!!! We are stoked! It's Arizona unit 27!

This will be our first hunt together and I can wait to chase the bugles.

My favorite hunt was my first hunt ever and it was a late cow rifle. My husband dropped me off and he went to glass where he fell asleep. I was hiking all by myself toward a very familiar hiking area when I jumped 4 cow. I picked which one I wanted as they had stopped in line, and shot her in the shoulder. They stopped again to look at me and I saw her limp and shot again and dropped her. All about 60 yards away. My husband woke from the shots and couldn't believe that I got one all alone. I had a bull hunt last year which was fun but I had just given birth a month before so all odds were against me, and I didn't kill.

Add your favorite hunt whether it was the most fun or the best story or the size! I love hearing stories!

• Like 2

Oh so many favorite memories it is hard to pick just one. Gonna have to say last year Wyoming antelope hunt has been my favorite so far. I went up with my son and Bro in law and nephew. We drove all day and it was my son's 9th birthday. He got to be in 4 states on his birthday. We both killed great bucks and the boys caught some nice trout!

post-8259-0-12113000-1428982768_thumb.jpg

post-8259-0-93138900-1428982792_thumb.jpg

post-8259-0-68151700-1428982812.jpg

post-8259-0-26265700-1428982822.jpg

• Like 7

Absolutely, even though I have had a lot of great hunts, was last year with my 12 year old daughter doing the bull elk hunting.

I have never had more pressure on my to put someone on game, and the months building up were amazing. Topped it off with a great bull elk on a tough hunt.

20141130_103238_zps2b8b9dd7.jpg

• Like 11

My favorite hunt is the same as my saddest hunt. 2007 I pulled one of five tags for a bull elk hunt. It was my favorite hunt since my dad went along after not going for about 5 years. It was the saddest hunt because he has given up hunting and not been back out. Now my favorite hunts involve my daughters so I hope I am doing the same for them as my father did for me.

• Like 5

I have many great memories. My early high school days hunting with my two best friends are what hooked me, so that is pretty special. Sitting around camp fire with family and friends at hunting camp is always special. Lately, I would have to say it is spring turkey hunting with my kids. I take my youngest son on his very last youth hunt this Friday. Happy and sad at the same time. Happy to go but sad to see them all grow up. Man...... it sure goes by fast.

Average Joe,

Where did you catch those fish! I got time off this summer and was thinking about doing a 2 week fishing road trip. That looks like a place I would like to visit.

Good Hunting

• Like 1

That is one tough question! I've been fortunate to hunt Africa, Alaska and a few other western states. Overall, I think the hunt and the unit you are going to is likely the best in my experience. My brother and a few friends hunted 27 many times in the 70's & 80's. What a great time it was. Enjoy your upcoming hunt, it truly is as good as it gets.

• Like 1

Wow... I never realize how much fun it will be to hunt with my own kids. And not just packing them along, lol. My kids are almost 3 and the other will be a year old this year.

My husband's favorite is when our daughter was 14 months old and we went to the strip for his archery tag. We dropped him off and he was able to get a mule deer. Around midnight I had our daughter in a pack on my front, two legs on my back and the other legs on a stick with us each holding an end. It was over a mile of super slow walking, but we made it.

That is one tough question! I've been fortunate to hunt Africa, Alaska and a few other western states. Overall, I think the hunt and the unit you are going to is likely the best in my experience. My brother and a few friends hunted 27 many times in the 70's & 80's. What a great time it was. Enjoy your upcoming hunt, it truly is as good as it gets.

I had 3b last year which I am so glad to have been exposed to as a first rut hunt. even though I didn't get one I learned enough to make this hunt even better.

What did you hunt in Africa?

And how do you add pictures?

using the desktop site, not mobile version, when starting a new thread you should see a button below that says choose file. Click that then find the pic you want and click attach file. then click add to post to insert it where you want.

if replying to a thread click more options on the quick reply box and that will take you to the same screen where you will find the choose file button

• Like 1

And how do you add pictures?

using the desktop site, not mobile version, when starting a new thread you should see a button below that says choose file. Click that then find the pic you want and click attach file. then click add to post to insert it where you want.

if replying to a thread click more options on the quick reply box and that will take you to the same screen where you will find the choose file button

• Like 1

You can access the desktop version on your phone. Just scroll down on the page and hit the button that says full version. Then you can add pics from your phone as well

I had 3b last year which I am so glad to have been exposed to as a first rut hunt. even though I didn't get one I learned enough to make this hunt even better.

What did you hunt in Africa?

Plains game & cape buffalo. Zimbabwe in 01 and 04, Save Conservancy and Lemco (which in now called Bubye). It was a blast but I'd still rather have a unit 1 or 27 EAB tag.