Sign in to follow this  
Bragabit

Introduce myself

I thought I should introduce myself. I live in Southern Ut. Work for Union Pacific Railroad. I love to hunt Mule deer, and elk. I like to lift and exercise to make me a better hunter. I have 4 kids and a wonderful wife. I have followed Coues whitetail for awhile but just recently signed up. I do belong to some other hunting forums. I have hunted AZ, UT, CO, NM, and NV. I have a WY elk tag this year. So I would love to share information if someone is in need. My Dad (retired Gov. trapper) and my son 14 drew 21 AZ elk tags this year. I figured that since 21 is more of a Coues deer unit, maybe someone on here could help us out. My dads tag is a muzz tag, and maybe his last good tag. He is 68 years old.

Thanks for all of your time. I look forward to getting to know some of you and contributing to this forum.

post-13354-0-04035700-1429116393.jpg AZ Elk 2012

post-13354-0-23291500-1429116445.jpgUT Elk 2008

post-13354-0-69850900-1429116503.jpgAZ Deer 2005

post-13354-0-47022000-1429116639.jpgCO Deer 2011

• Like 2

welcome to CWT

In my opinion 21 may be the hardest of units to hunt for elk in Arizona - like you stated coues country.

some of the best areas to find elk will be in the cedar bench wilderness and the pine wilderness

neither are considered easy access

Good luck

getting up on squaw peak look out in the north part of the unit will allow you a chance to glass a lot of country

Welcome to the site. Some great people on here that are willing to help anyway they can. At some point if like to hunt nv and ut when I have enough points

Welcome. how about a story on that AZ bull? what a stud

Arizona bull was an archery tag on unit 10 in 2012. 1st morning caught him away from his cows. He turned away from me and started raking a tree. I pretty well ran 200 yards to last tree between us. Waited a couple minutes for him to turn. He turned quartering away from me. I made the 51 yard shot, he ran about 200 yards. Really was quite lucky, best part was my dad was able to watch the whole thing. Waited 12 years for the tag. Hunt was over in an hour.

post-13354-0-75884900-1429132637_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Wow, that bull is a stud, love the bladed 4th on that thing! I had put in for the unit 21 Archery tag but no luck for me. Hopefully you guys have some good luck on the hunt.

Welcome. You are certainly a good hunter. I hope you and your paps fill tags with great animals. Don't know how you will beat what you have now tho..Nice bulls, deer.

Great animals You harvested. You should Find Elk in 21 its just a matter of how big and can you get to them. Seen some nice bulls while bear hunting in there. Rough country .Get in shape. Good amount of Snakes too ,watch Your step. Good luck.........BOB!

Welcome! You have some awesome trophies!

Probably obvious from all the feedback but you will be at the north end. Check our Google Earth, the AZ G&F site, and you may be able to get in touch with someone from G&F that can give some help as well. They can surely let you know if there are any issues with access and fences which seem to more and more of an issue these days.

Hope your dad shoots a good one!

Heck of a bull! What about that shot? It looks really far back. Just wondering did you have to shoot him again? Don't guess it matters, great bull!! Congrats

Yo bragalot,

1. Try prophylactics

2. Monday morning checkin

3. Orange is not your color

4. How do I draw 21 tags?

5. I hope you're not on a tie gang

6. Teach me your ways

:)