apache12

New release for rookie?

Thanks Carp. Good read. I was taught by JR at archery hq to put more finger on the trigger. Helped my from shooting right more often. And then pull back and sort of push forward open grip like the bow is ripping in half. If that is described right. So maybe that's back tension

I'm a rifle hunter but I don't punch the trigger on my rifle. Easy squeeze like rubbing a nipple. drill sgt Blake told me

Anytime your moving your finger, your punching. All it comes down to. If you make your finger like a hook and pull through woith out moving your finger, thats more of a back tension release.

• Like 1

A true back tension release is set to release itself at a preset tension if I understand right. My buddy that owned an archery shop for years prefers a true back tension release. You come to full draw, release some sort of safety, then as you pull against the back wall the release triggers itself for a surprise release.

At least that's how I thought he explained it to me.

I just used a true ball caliper release.

A true back tension release is set to release itself at a preset tension if I understand right. My buddy that owned an archery shop for years prefers a true back tension release. You come to full draw, release some sort of safety, then as you pull against the back wall the release triggers itself for a surprise release.

At least that's how I thought he explained it to me.

I just used a true ball caliper release.

Havasuhunter,

that is the way it should work. you are correct.

Try something with a dual caliper. Whats good about shops is that you get to try releases before you buy.

Good read.

I'm having a new string put on at Ross. And I'm going to have them confirm my draw length an

D technique and find a new release

Great help on the site. Thx

• Like 1

Pretty hard to beat anything from Carter Enterprises. Scott archery also makes a good product.