MT_Sourdough

You tell me, how timely is this rain?

AZ usually gets a weather system middle to end of May. No surprise, this one came a week or so earlier than the past few years but still came none the less.

last years report from happy jack in may

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/happy-jack/arizona/united-states/usaz0330/2014/5

1 day tr. snow 1 day tr. rain 1 day .10 " rain.

you have to go back to 2009 since this much rain in May

it is really green this year as compared to previous years

waterholes are overflowing springs are seeping out of the ground

this will get us to the monsoons at least where I was at.

James

• Like 2

While everybody is busy putting in for the Deer draw at last minute, they didn't notice it raining again in unit 10. Allmost mid June I would think wer'e good now as far as moisture. Even if we get no more rain ,We got the growth covered. They just have to finish out now, rub the fuzz off and wait for my 300 Win Mag. Come on Sept. 25th. 108 days to be Precise, just like My bullet.........LOL.............BOB!

• Like 2

While everybody is busy putting in for the Deer draw at last minute, they didn't notice it raining again in unit 10. Allmost mid June I would think wer'e good now as far as moisture. Even if we get no more rain ,We got the growth covered. They just have to finish out now, rub the fuzz off and wait for my 300 Win Mag. Come on Sept. 25th. 108 days to be Precise, just like My bullet.........LOL.............BOB!

Is that 300 Win Mag sighted in? :)

Bob is so excited and hungry for an elk I think he's just gonna run one down and bite em' on the neck.. :lol: :D

• Like 1

That was last nite when I was drinking............BOB!

• Like 1

Goat heads, tumble weeds, and grass burrs I usually pull in August after the rain starts I am now pulling in June. At least the ground is soft and wet.

50 to 60 % chance of Rain in Williams for the next 7 days including today. My unit 10 Bull is gonna grow so big The rack might fit in My truck. This rain is great and ought to finish the Bulls off really nice. Happy to have a tag after 19 years ,looks like I got the right year . Deer and everything should be good. Good luk to all with Bull tags..............BOB!

• Like 2

Bob,

It is fun to see your excitement about your hunt and your eventual permanent return to the great state of AZ. We all expect lots of pictures and a write up once it all happens.

I once moved away to Dallas TX thinking the grass is greener. Boy, was I wrong. You can say whatever you want about AZ but I was never so happy to return to this great place in which I was born and bred.

• Like 2

Bob,

It is fun to see your excitement about your hunt and your eventual permanent return to the great state of AZ. We all expect lots of pictures and a write up once it all happens.

I once moved away to Dallas TX thinking the grass is greener. Boy, was I wrong. You can say whatever you want about AZ but I was never so happy to return to this great place in which I was born and bred.

Born here, not bred here. I will say that 20+ years ago phoenix and surrounding cities were OK. Now, I think if they ever give the earth and enema, Phx will be the place they put the hose end. Some parts in AZ are ok but for the most part any of the bigger cities suck azz. I would be gone if I didn't have a wife that has a great job here and doesn't want to leave it. Colorado for me someday.

Good luck again Bob. I will still be looking for his little brother after you take your big one

• Like 1

Word on the street is, the elk calves born this year are gonna score at least 250 by September. :D

hilarious....good one

Murph, I may not end up in Az . or if I do it might only be for a while. Kids are all over the couintry, heck i don;t care. Any place except to the east or north. I'M thinking Colo. too perhaps. I came here for the big $ . IT lasted 3 years then I got hurt. Now wages are down. If they don't go back up AZ.next year one way or another..............BOB!........PS. If You seen all the fat inbred Women up here an Elk would excite You all Too...............BOB!

• Like 1

PS. If You seen all the fat inbred Women up here an Elk would excite You all Too...............BOB!

Now that's funny..I don't care who ya are.