1denogean

bowhunting boots

okay guys with archery seasons coming up, what hunting boots/shoes are you using?(bowhunting) i have really been wanting some kenetreks but the solid vibram soles are steering me away i just want these boots bad. I have had several danner jackals, keens, new balance, merrrels, and they are awsome shoes but pretty much disposable although the danners last a little longer.

just curious on this because im gonna go buy some more pretty soon maybe someone will steer me different

high top basketball type shoes for easy ground. and some felt covers for the stalking times. though there are some nice light boots from some of the tactical side that I prefer most of the year till it gets cold.

rocky, under armor, Oakley, Nike. I personally use Nike and rocky. I cant find under armor my size. but I like light weight and semi soft sole most have a good spectra or Kevlar liner to keep pokeys out of the bottom.

I do not like heavy hard soles for archery hunts.

Are you going to be running down bugling elk or just spot and stalk?

I like a light weight shoe, (trail runner) for warmer weather archery hunts.

high top basketball type shoes for easy ground. and some felt covers for the stalking times. though there are some nice light boots from some of the tactical side that I prefer most of the year till it gets cold.

rocky, under armor, Oakley, Nike. I personally use Nike and rocky. I cant find under armor my size. but I like light weight and semi soft sole most have a good spectra or Kevlar liner to keep pokeys out of the bottom.

I do not like heavy hard soles for archery hunts.

Are you going to be running down bugling elk or just spot and stalk?

do both every year, just curious as to what others are using

I've pretty much settled on meindl airevolutions. The best blend between support and flexibility that I could find. Mine are still plugging away after two seasons. My boots see way too many miles to count in some very rugged stuff.

I have a pair of kenetreks that are about 4 months old and don't use and I don't care for them (Imo) most of the under armor boots are great for bow hunting

Guest 300ultramag.

I just picked up the xelero summit hiking shoe. They are pretty solid. Haven't put them through a season yet but I'm looking forward to it

I bought the Salomon Quest boots a couple years ago and I am really impressed with them. They break in very fast and have all kinds of ankle support. I'm actually looking to buy another pair soon. You can find them at REI. David

I bought some Under Armour boots last year and while they are comfortable they are not giving me feet and ankles the support I want. After hiking for a few hours on anything but flat ground they have too much give in them and the laces put pressure against the top of my foot when going downhill.

These replaced a pair of Danner Pronghorns which were maybe three years old which in my opinion gave more support but the heel blew out after 2 1/2 years.

There was litteraly no break in for either boot.

Not to get off topic but has anyone noticed that the OPs avatar is associated with 4 different names? Murphys, biglakejake, and these two guys. Do you all live together, related, shot the same deer? Lol

On topic, I have been using Solomon quest boots and really like them. No break in time and good in warm weather. But for backpack hunts where I have 40# or more on my back the my Lowa tibets get the call.

I bought the Irish Setters four years ago. i have hiked and hunted 33, 34A & B, 37A, 35A B & C, 35A the Kaibab, and even had to work in them. They are still going!!!!! I think I will need to replace them before Aug. but FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!! Comfortable, quiet, and really good traction! CAN'T go wrong with them. I paid $129 GREAT DEAL