dcshorthairs

Travel help--departing from sky harbor

My family and I are headed to D.C next month. We don't fly much so I am hoping to get some help here, if possible. We are flying with delta and looking for the best place to park for economy and with a shuttle. Our flight is at 0600 and with a 4 year old and 1.5 year old, I want to do this right the first time.

With all that said, does anyone have any recommendations on the best place to park? Any help is very appreciated.

....and returning when? Best thing is to have a buddy drop you off and pick you up and leave your vehicle at their place while you are gone.

• Like 1

Thought about that but don't have many options. I have family that said there is a parking lot that only charges like 7$ a day but I have never used them...

Drop everyone and the baggage at the curb and let them get in line to check bags while you park. You have a few choices west economy, east economy, or you could go to the 44th St parking and take the light rail which goes right into terminal 4. The problem is you are in terminal 3 for Delta so you still have to go outside and take the airport shuttle.

If it were me I would park in west economy and take the short shuttle to terminal 3. Get there early and spend the money to eat at one of the restaurants near the gate. You won't be starving on the flight and it will give everyone something to do instead of waiting at the gate. With kids check all the baggage you can because lugging it and finding a place in one of the bins is a lot of extra work. Buy a couple of bottles of water at the gate and take snacks and games to keep the kids entertained along with a blanket in case they get cold.

• Like 1

It is in the airport near the old terminal 1, maybe 10 minutes once you get on the shuttle at most and they come every 10-15 minutes. You can get on line and google airport parking if you are looking for off airport parking but I hate parking at those places to try and save $10-$20. When I get home I want to go right to my car and not call and wait for a shuttle to hopefully show up in 30 minutes.

Use this East Economy parking lot, $9 a day. Take the tram to your terminal... Simple as pie I do it every week and sometime twice....your total walk will be about 1/2 mile - 1 mile.

Phx airport is a breeze but give yourself enough time so you don't stress. If you checking bags get there with 1.5 hrs before flight....you will have time to spare.

East economy parking lot also has bag drop off. Pull right up and drop your bags, then park. Easy peezy.

If you are coming in from the east the the "east Economy is your best bet. From the West you would have to park on level two of the parking garage at Terminal 2, but then it is a long walk over to Terminal three to catch the Terminal train, and with two young children I would not recommend as I do this a couple of times a month.

Please note there are not shuttle buses operated by the airport any more. If you park in the West economy lot, it is now noted it is a Park and Walk.

You may wish to look closely at the link that Amanda put in her post as even East Economy can be a little ways to the train station.

Here is a link to a very good park and ride that one of my team members uses weekly

https://www.preflightairportparking.com/Default.aspx

sky harbor airport parking is the lot we use. They always have shuttles running and get us to and from the airport very quickly.

We have used them for probably 15-20 years with trips a few times a year.

You can find all their info here.

https://www.skyharborairportparking.net/

When we fly this is where we park, daily rates are $7.25 for uncovered parking. You can find coupons on their website as well.

We've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get on the shuttle for departure and less than 10 minutes for arrivals, the drivers are courteous and will load and unload your bags for you and drop you right at Delta's door and your car.

• Like 1

We also use the hotel option. There are a couple perks for us besides the fact we don't live in the valley. We stay at the Country Inn Suites, and use the 'park and fly' option. Get to the hotel, let the kids swim in the pool, have a nice dinner somewhere close, let the kids swim again. Now you have tired out kids that will sleep like rocks and when you get up in the morning you hop on the free shuttle to the airport. They drop you right at your terminal and pick you up when you get back.

• Like 1