Sign in to follow this  
lefty

rocky mtn sheep and bonus points ?

so I have 24 bonus points and am wondering how many more years it will take to draw a rocky tag. there are something like 400 and something people with more points than me but I am assuming most of those people are putting in for desert. is there any way to get an estimate on how many of those point holders are putting in for rocky and how long it might take me to draw?

www.hunterstrailhead.com will tell you all you need to know. It's a pay subscription, but worth it. For example, the first hunt in 6A/22 is eaten up entirely by max point holders (26), making it essentially a waste of an app unless you're at max. Most of the other Rocky hunts could be drawn by someone with less than max.

Assuming you are going into the 2015 fall draw with 24 points. There are 28 rocky mtn sheep applicants left at the 26 point level. 65 at the 25 point level and you are part of a group of 52. These numbers are approximate. Bonus point report does not account for people not actively applying for hunts. These projections are based solely on last years active applications for RMBS. One could assume that most of these applicants have taken a desert ram.

Ten of 17 RMBS tags went to max point holders in 2014. I'd say you'll be waiting 10-15 years to get in the max point pool. Your best bet is to put in for hunt #'s that make it out of the max point draw with permits available for the 1-2 pass. This is true for most of us

Isn't there only one 6a hunt for 2015?

Will this go to all max point holders?

#1 Yes, #2, 4 tags available, likely to max point holders in the 20% pass

I have 22 points. As a non res. is it possible for me to draw anything sheepwise or am I gonna have to wait till I move back to have a chance............BOB!

I have 22 points. As a non res. is it possible for me to draw anything sheepwise or am I gonna have to wait till I move back to have a chance............BOB!

Did you purchase a lifetime license when you were an AZ resident?

No , I was poor. Thats what screwed Me on elk too. till this year..........BOB!

No , I was poor. Thats what screwed Me on elk too. till this year..........BOB!

Make sure you apply for hunt #'s that have NR tags available. You might want to check on RMBS in North Dakota, I think there are some.

Last year I applied for hunts that had 5-6-7 tags in AZ. Up here they cut out tags this year cause of disease and die off. No hunts at all Thanks,....BOB!

Since most of us will never draw 6A/22 for Rockies, what would be considered the next tier down units, both wilderness and non-wilderness?

All of them have sheep and all RMBS hunt #'s had tags make it out of the bonus round last draw. Likely all the 6A/22 tags will go in the bonus round being that it's all one hunt # this year. Study the BP reports and roll the dice! Good luck in the draw.

All of them have sheep and all RMBS hunt #'s had tags make it out of the bonus round last draw. Likely all the 6A/22 tags will go in the bonus round being that it's all one hunt # this year. Study the BP reports and roll the dice! Good luck in the draw.

Actually, not all hunt #'s made it out of the bonus round. #6051, the early hunt in 6A/22 went to max point holders in the bonus round (2 tags). The 2nd hunt #6052 in 6A/22 (2 tags) 1 went in the bonus round and the other was drawn with 7 points.