Sign in to follow this  
ZJARCHER

Arrow setup for you elk tag holders

What are you guys running? Arrow/bh setup...

What's the weight?

I'm exploring new options. I shoot GT Hunter Pro 300s with 100gr Ulmers up front. They're shooters for sure! Never let me down, but looking for a little more weight and maybe to try something new for this coming elk hunt.

I'm open ears!

I shot my bull with the Easton Axis 340 28 3/4" with 100 grain Gravedigger, cut on contact. Must have, is a hard right helical to help guide the flight. Did the job in short order.

post-519-0-34773000-1431834331_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Easton Axis 300's. 28.5 inches. 100 gr Gravediggers on one end, four fletched with 2.0 AAE Plastifletch Max vanes on the other

Bow set up 30" draw length, 65-70LB draw weight. Arrows Carbon Express 340's 29" with 100 grain Slick Trick Magnums.

Edit: Mayhem Hunters

I'd say anything in the neighborhood of 400-420 grains or heavier would be sufficient. If you want to keep your current shaft you could get weight tubes from 3 rivers archery as they have little to no effect on spine.

I used Easton axis 300's, with 100 gr slick tricks, right at 480 grains if i remember correctly. 29.5" draw, 72#

Easton axis 260s cut at 31.5", 75gr inserts, 300grain cutthroat broadhead, 3 five inch right helical feathers. 765 grains.

Easton axis 260s cut at 31.5", 75gr inserts, 300grain cutthroat broadhead, 3 five inch right helical feathers. 765 grains.

Whoa those are some serious arrows. Heck, you could beat an elk to death with one of those!

• Like 1

Easton FMJ 340 @28" 3 right helical Blazer vanes fletched from an Az EZ Fletch mini 100 gr Shuttle T Locks 460gr flying 285 pushing 82.8+ lbs of kinetic energy and .58+ momentum.

EASTON 300 FMJ @ 32" tipped with 125 grain VPA terminator.

I never did find my arrow after it blew threw my bull on a long quartering away shot.