The recent posts got me thinking that maybe a thread on RVs

May be helpful to the members.

I do not claim to be a expert on RVs

But have been in the business for a while and have owned my own shop for three years.

I was thinking that you guys could PM me with your Questions

And then maybe once a month or every 2 weeks or maybe once a week depending on the interest

I could pick the most common question and try to answer it.

What do you think??

Mike

Rim View RV

• Like 1

Mike, Question #1, I have a Ragen 30.5' fifth wheel with built in generac 3000 and it won't start it keeps turning over and red light flashes?

How do you reset it? It has some codes 3 flashes or 4 flashes?

Does it have to be plugged in to the box inside compartment where the plug cable is?

Hate to have to tow it all the way to Mesa fom Roosevelt.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Sounds like a good thing to me. As i have tons of questions. My biggest one is how to use the dual cam sway and weight dist set up. I relay do not need it much but when we go to luna NM in june i would like to have it figured out so i can try it out across those windy grasslands between showlow and eager. I have it on right but do not know how to adjust it all right for my Rig. Anyways i look forward to reading the questions and answers.

Hey Dan sounds like you need to throw it away and get a whole new trailer. :lol:

Thats what i tell my wife. (no it does not work for me).

I got one.

Maybe it is simple but................Why can't I use a regular plug in 110 alarmclock in my TT while dry camping. It will not work with out the generator running. Shouldn't the inverter/carger/converter thing convert the 12V from my battery's to 110 so I can use it.????

:ph34r:

Mike, Question #1, I have a Ragen 30.5' fifth wheel with built in generac 3000 and it won't start it keeps turning over and red light flashes?

How do you reset it? It has some codes 3 flashes or 4 flashes?

Does it have to be plugged in to the box inside compartment where the plug cable is?

Hate to have to tow it all the way to Mesa fom Roosevelt.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan,

I have not played much with that gen set and am not sure what those codes mean

Your owners manual should tell you how to reset it.

If you do not have one maybe I can find one.

If there is a receptical in your shore cord compartment yes you would need to plug the shore cord into it to have 110 power while using the gen. set

Mike

Sounds like a good thing to me. As i have tons of questions. My biggest one is how to use the dual cam sway and weight dist set up. I relay do not need it much but when we go to luna NM in june i would like to have it figured out so i can try it out across those windy grasslands between showlow and eager. I have it on right but do not know how to adjust it all right for my Rig. Anyways i look forward to reading the questions and answers.

Hey Dan sounds like you need to throw it away and get a whole new trailer. :lol:

Thats what i tell my wife. (no it does not work for me).

See if this helps

If not let me know

http://www.reeseprod.com/fitguides/pdf/N26002.pdf

I got one.

Maybe it is simple but................Why can't I use a regular plug in 110 alarmclock in my TT while dry camping. It will not work with out the generator running. Shouldn't the inverter/carger/converter thing convert the 12V from my battery's to 110 so I can use it.????

Most RVs only have a converter/battery charger in them.

Which takes the 110 power and supplies the 12 volt needs.

A Inverter is a seperate item that does hook to your batteries and supplies 110 power to selected circuits. There are many dif. sizes and types.

Say you wanted to run a lap top or maybe a breathing machine once in a while,

I would go to say Radio Shack and buy a cig. lighter plug in type and use that.

Most of the newer RVs have a 12 volt power supply all ready in them near the TV hook up.

Mike

gamehauler; I need a fix for a ripped awning the metal is all good just the fabric is torn. can you buy just the fabric?

Replacement fabrics are avalable in a wide range of colors

Priced at:

$199.00 14' to 18'

$219.00 19' to 21'

$229.00 22' to 25'

When ordering a fabric you messure center of arm to center of arm.

Not the fabric its self

Mike

I got one.

Most RVs only have a converter/battery charger in them.

Which takes the 110 power and supplies the 12 volt needs.

A Inverter is a seperate item that does hook to your batteries and supplies 110 power to selected circuits. There are many dif. sizes and types.

Say you wanted to run a lap top or maybe a breathing machine once in a while,

I would go to say Radio Shack and buy a cig. lighter plug in type and use that.

Most of the newer RVs have a 12 volt power supply all ready in them near the TV hook up.

Mike

In my trail lite there was a pigtail cord with a cig adaptor on the one end and some other kind of electric conections on the other end. Is that what this is used for. I was wonder what it was for. It is still unopened.

I am not sure without seeing it

If your trailer has fold out beds like a tent trailer

it might be for a light in the bed area

Is the cig adapter male or female

Mike

Ok. GH it's a 1963 like new inside with a new fridge and toilet. Been my family since 1971. Had a new axle put in several years ago while on a trip back east and it needs to be wider. Get a little rub now then when cornering to fast just in too big a hurry to get to hunting camp. I was wondering about buffing the exterier? Should I just take it auto detailer or have an rv place do it?

No fold out beds anymore. This is the one i have. I am not sure if it was male or female plug. I will look in a week.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...+away+from+home

Ok. GH it's a 1963 like new inside with a new fridge and toilet. Been my family since 1971. Had a new axle put in several years ago while on a trip back east and it needs to be wider. Get a little rub now then when cornering to fast just in too big a hurry to get to hunting camp. I was wondering about buffing the exterier? Should I just take it auto detailer or have an rv place do it?

I would look for a mom and pop detailer.

Small business should take pride in what they do.

If you take it to a RV Place better have the bed of your truck full of $100.00 bills

I understand all the RV dealers in the valley have shop rates over $100.00/hr now.

Unless you have the old Dexter style wheels what about finding wheels with a bigger offset so the tires won't rub.

Mike

Or go to flying J truckstop and find the guy that advertises on the CB radio about polishing tanks and wheels. I would also look into getting a difrent offset rim like game hauler is saying that will move your tire farther in or out wich ever way you get the offset. I know a guy that did a Full spacer but that to me is scary. He has never had a problem in the years he has pulled the trailer though.