Basser15

2015 House Rock Buffalo Hunt

First of all.....this was the hardest hunt I've ever had. With the extremely wet Spring that we have had on the Plateau the past couple of months the animals have not been moving off the park like I have heard they had in previous years. It was mentally frustrating, time consuming, expensive, challenging, and all worth it in the end!

Thank you for all of my friends who were able to make the trip up north with me this past couple months and those who provided information and knowledge about this hunt. And good luck to the rest of the guys who are still up there giving it heck. When I left on Sunday there have only been a confirmed 7 Buffalo taken with rumor of an 8th out of the 30 tags this year, and only more week left in the season. In total I spent 21 days on the plateau and was able to take this Bull on day number 20. There are guys up there still that have spent even more days then that this season and still have yet to lay eyes on an animal. Now that I'm gone the weather should be much better and hopefully some more animals start showing up the last week. Apparently I was a curse as every weekend since April 24 as I would start driving up the weather would turn nasty and wet and the day that I left it would start to warm up. I've seen more snow this past 6 weeks then I cared to.

We guessed him as a 10 year old bull. Big head and beard on this guy....I couldn't be more happy with the outcome!!!

0523151315.jpg

0523150958.jpg

0523151319a.jpg

• Like 19

WOW..Sounds like you really earned that great bull. Congrats on a once in a lifetime hunt.

Way to Go Rob! That is such an AWESOME bison man! Look at the horn boss overlay on that dude! Very nice! Way to hang in there through tough weather. My friend's dad got one a couple of weeks ago. Outstanding effort man! Great pics too.

Congrats on the buff! That is some persistence and I'm glad you were rewarded. I will be heading up in a few weeks for the summer hunt. Sound like its going to be a tough one.

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS.....

Bow or rifle? I have a buddy that is on his 5th trip up there and he has been able to get under 100 yards but he won't shoot that far with a bow on a buff. Idk if he is using the bow or rifle now. And congrats, how he well and cool getting him in the snow. I think every Saturday for the past 7 weeks it has snowed, so it been a tough hunt for everyone

Congrats on a nice bull. Perseverance pays off!

I used a rifle for the hunt. And I camped with your friend....his bow isn't coming out of the truck anymore at this point. :)

Bow or rifle? I have a buddy that is on his 5th trip up there and he has been able to get under 100 yards but he won't shoot that far with a bow on a buff. Idk if he is using the bow or rifle now. And congrats, how he well and cool getting him in the snow. I think every Saturday for the past 7 weeks it has snowed, so it been a tough hunt for everyone

• Like 2

Congratulations on what sounds like a hard earned trophy! Way to stick with it and get it done in a big way.

Congrats again on an awesome bull Rob- I wish I would have been able to make it up. Great job.