Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

AZGF gift card-not fair for Jr hunters

Well I put my two kids (12 yr and 10 yr old) in for the jr hunt yesterday hoping they might have a chance for the $500 early gift card drawing and found out from AZGF that they need to be at least 18 to be included in this drawing. I call BS.............How many jr hunters have their own credit card to apply for a tag? I am assuming most parents pay for their kids hunts up until a certain age, I know my kids at this age rely on me putting them in and having enough money in the bank to cover the tag costs.

If they aren't going to let them partake in the drawing they better dang make sure all the jr hunters get a tag. Just sayin............................

Jesus they can't fing win can they? Someone's always gotta b1tch bout somethin when it comes to them. Im sure it's a legal issue completely outta their hands.

• Like 13

Whoa Shooter. Arizona provides some GREAT youth hunting opportunities. So what if they are not eligible for a freebie gift card? Youth hunting and involvement is one of the only things AZGFD does right. Give all the kids tags because they are not eligible to win a gift card? give me a break.

• Like 5

Jesus they can't fing win can they? Someone's always gotta b1tch bout somethin when it comes to them. Im sure it's a legal issue completely outta their hands.

This

• Like 2

I'd rather have a tag than the $500. After all it is about Hunting isn't it? Just My OP . More to life than money................BOB!

• Like 3

I think the junior tags are a jip anyway. The draw success stinks, its better odds for the general hunts. My oldest now 18, has had 4 deer tags and 5 elk tags. My youngest 13, has had 2 deer tags and 2 elk tags. All general. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I think the point of the Jr tags is not necessarily to guarantee them a hunt year after year, rather it gives them an opportunity to:

• Get out before the general hunts at a time when the animals are less spooked.
  • There tend to be far fewer tags for these hunts than during general hunts. This means fewer hunters in the field and in general a better hunt/experience

Take the unit 33 hunt for example.

• Jr hunt has 150 tags with a 31% draw chance
  • General has 700 tags with a 57% draw chance.

Of course the general is going to be easier to draw, but there are over 4 times more tags and the date is less desirable. If the main goal is a tag over a higher quality hunt, put theme in for the general hunt. It is the same reason many of us put in for the strip every year over easier to draw hunts. We don't mind lower draw odds for the chance at a premium hunt.

• Like 5

Shooter Mcgavin, don't listen to us. We all luv Ya Bud. Hope them Kids get the tags anyway.......BOB!

Of course I want more chances at gift cards........who doesn't

I could always use extra hugs..............especially big ole bear ones

And further more this site rocks for a good chuckle. I love seeing and reading all the comments, panties getting ruffled and the constant badgering. Keep em coming guys and gals.

• Like 3

I think the point of the Jr tags is not necessarily to guarantee them a hunt year after year, rather it gives them an opportunity to:

• There tend to be far fewer tags for these hunts than during general hunts. This means fewer hunters in the field and in general a better hunt/experience
Of course the general is going to be easier to draw, there are over 4 times more tags and the date is less desirable. If the main goal is a tag over a higher quality hunt, put theme in for the general hunt. It is the same reason many of us put in for the strip every year over easier to draw hunts. We don't mind lower draw odds for the chance at a premium hunt.

Exactly

Of course the general is going to be easier to draw, there are over 4 times more tags and the date is less desirable. If the main goal is a tag over a higher quality hunt, put theme in for the general hunt. It is the same reason many of us put in for the strip every year over easier to draw hunts. We don't mind lower draw odds for the chance at a premium hunt.

Agreed however, in the future try not to educate window lickers to the truth about hunts.😉