WHALE

Willow Springs Smallmouth

I believe the removal of smallmouth bass in Willow Springs lake has more to do with the impact they have on threatened and endangered species in the LCR than the impact they have on stocked trout. 

G&F should remove the yaks from Woods Canyon.  That rental place is filling the small lake with those non native invasive people that dont know a thing about boating.  Also the rental people have taken over the public boat launch.  It is a absolute Zoo.  On weekends the only thing to do is idiot watching.  😷

33 minutes ago, ThomC said:

G&F should remove the yaks from Woods Canyon.  That rental place is filling the small lake with those non native invasive people that dont know a thing about boating.  Also the rental people have taken over the public boat launch.  It is a absolute Zoo.  On weekends the only thing to do is idiot watching.  😷

Everything in AZ will continue to get worse.  We keep trying to fit more and more people on the same little bodies of water.  AZ needs to come up with a plan to either make lakes larger by raising dams or making new lakes along the CAP.  This is pretty tough to do when we the SW has been in a 20 year drought.  AZ has averaged 1 million new residents every decade for last 40 years and we are supposed to grow by at least another million by 2030.  By the way, I think the forest service needs to build or expand new camp grounds around the state too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, knothead said:

Everything in AZ will continue to get worse.  We keep trying to fit more and more people on the same little bodies of water.  AZ needs to come up with a plan to either make lakes larger by raising dams or making new lakes along the CAP.  This is pretty tough to do when we the SW has been in a 20 year drought.  AZ has averaged 1 million new residents every decade for last 40 years and we are supposed to grow by at least another million by 2030.  By the way, I think the forest service needs to build or expand new camp grounds around the state too.

I agree.  I was born in Arizona and all I seem to really care about is the outdoors. It is getting worse and worse every year.  The drought, that we can’t control is not helping either.  I’m only 40 years old and I’ve seen my favorite deer areas turn into windmills and potash areas.  It makes me wonder what the next 40 years will look.  I’ve come to the conclusion that all I can do is get out and enjoy it before it’s gone because it seems like every year there’s bad news like loosing 3600 acres south of Winslow to wind turbines or more land lost near Starlight pines or new roads showing up.  New administrations doing the right thing will help slow the decay a little but with everyone from Minnesota, North Dakota and Canada and other places wanting to move to Arizona because of the climate, our space that we have left will have more and more people using it every year.

• Like 2