Sign in to follow this  
uofahughes2

New Country Music - Jed Morrison

Thought I'd try and help a buddy of mine out. If you guys get a chance, check out Jed Morrison. You can find him on iTunes, google play etc.. I grew up with him, and while I make fun of his leather cuffs, he can play music. If you're tired of bro country and skinny jeans give this a listen. I also included a couple pictures of his last buck.

Jed Morrison was born on a working cattle ranch in the early 1980s. The family ranch where he was born stretches out more than half a million acres between Cottonwood and Flagstaff. Being a working ranch hand on his families farm, Jed learned to tell his life story by playing guitar and singing circled around a camp fire. Some may consider it a curse to be raised with rich Christian values mixed with the lawlessness of the Old West. Jed's upbringing influenced his songwriting and with a heart bigger than most, you can hear and feel it in his music.

After the threat of losing the family farm, and in the wake of losing the love of his life, Jed set out to become a famous country singer. Putting together a band and hitting the road, Jed performed at biker rallies, festivals, and bars all over Arizona, including the “World Famous” Museum Club. Jed has also performed twice at the annual Cowpunchers Reunion Rodeo, his songs, “Life of a Cowboy, and “Where Cowboy’s are Made,” speak to the cowpunchers that gather, which Jed is also a member. His one of a kind sound is influenced by his cowboy roots, and bands that range from “Rage Against the Machine” to “Chris Ledoux.” His songs are mesmerizing and spellbinding to crowds, songs such as “One More Round”, “Must’ve Been Drinking”, and “Once You Go Honky Tonk” resonate with people who typically do not listen to country. Jed has also performed twice with Governor Jan Brewer, a wildlife conservation fund-raiser with Vice President Dan Quail, and opened for Shooter Jennings.

In our current times, when everyone is looking for a unique look and sound, Jed Morrison has one all his own. His western look isn’t a costume, the wide brimmed hat and leather brush cuffs are necessities of his daily life. Jed is a part of the “Old Breed,” cowboys that once upon a time, tamed his homeland of Northern Arizona when it was called the “Wild West.”

Jed has seen and experienced things that people nowadays find hard to believe, even those who have seen all of John Wayne’s movies. It may be Uncle John’s (real name Marion Morrison) stardom that propelled Jed to seek the spotlight himself. Jed has lived most of his life in the comfortable solitude of the outdoors, on horseback with his dog in tow and the cattle as his company. Jed fulfilled one of his childhood dreams to be a cowboy, he now pursues the other, traded his horse in for a six string and the spotlight, Jed sets out to be a star.

Currently Jed lives in Los Angeles recording his first album. Jed has written enough songs for four albums, some songs like “Cowgirls, Coronas, and Country”, and “Real Country.” No stranger to radio play in his home town in Arizona, the local station KVRD 1057 called Jed’s music, “down, dirty without mercy.”

post-2208-0-31498000-1433539729_thumb.jpg

post-2208-0-46289100-1433539737_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

There's just gotta be something about being a Morrison.

• Like 1

+1

I have heard him several times throughout the years. Glad to see him still pursuing his dreams. Nothing like supporting local talent.

• Like 1

I wish the best of luck to him. Country music badly needs a few cowboys back in their ranks.

• Like 1