MathewQuigly

Prices just go up

I complain. Of course I will pay it and G&F personnel does need some raises. I complain because a Government entity should not be for profit, when I see billboards on hwy 60 and on the 202 marketing themselves commercials telling the public what they do, then I know they have to much of my money. They are stewards of arizona's game not the owners. They allow us to hunt in their view, honestly, we allow them to lead. It was not long ago when G&F got their last raise and had an excess that was taken from them and placed in the general fund. I wish government would take what the people need and not more. I know that would only happen in fantasy land didn't tatoo live in Arizona?

• Like 3

I don't complain about tag fees, I just pay them. The argument about "what you spend on the rest" is bogus in some cases. On a week long deer hunt I actually make money because of how my vacation pay works. I spend less than $100 bucks on food and booze (which I would of bought staying home anyways) I reload ammo and shoot a gun that was handed down. Hunting supplies don't cost me much. Again, I don't complain on tag fees but they are the most expensive part of my hunt.

I am sure eaten crow and drinking cheap whiskey saves you a bunch.
it's bunny and very cheap whiskey thank you very much!

But I do live in the unit I hunt, cheap, and it is beautiful out tonight

Was up at big lake last summer and was talking to a (G&F) officer , I was doing a little complaining about the tag fees going up. He made a dang good point " The tag is the cheapest part of the hunt and the reason for the hunt " you no he's right, how much do you spend for food , gas, beer if you drink the light stuff, camping equipment and much much more, and the deer tag is $48.00. and elk around $150.00 Ya there is a point to be taken. My opinion only

Last year my deer season not counting tags and licenses cost me exactly $50, all fuel. Tags, application fees, license cost me 3X that. That g&f warden needs an economics refresher.

• Like 1

As you know it's not just tag prices it's everything. You can thank George Bush and Obama. Stimulus packages, bailouts and quantitative easing. Inflation is out of control.

• Like 3

Don't put in. Better odds for me! :)

I think this is a sterling idea! Wonder how ya all that feel this way are gona feel. When all the ones that quit putting in start hunting THE LONG SEASON. HA HA ROFLMAO.

Take care, Willie

Entitlement comes in all shapes and sizes...

This is the first year I've put in for the draw

In a while. I spent some time over seas and it kinda ruined the outdoor experience for me.

With that said the prices surprised me

This is the first year I've put in for the draw

In a while. I spent some time over seas and it kinda ruined the outdoor experience for me.

With that said the prices surprised me

Careful there buddy. Apparently there are some on this thread that would have you sent to a reeducation camp for even an utterance that questions the govt.
  • Like 1

"Quit hunting or pay there fees, no matter what they are!" Is the response you'll get on here from the usual few who love the Game and Fish no matter what. Its true, you could quit hunting and complaining or pay the fees. Or you could be a good American and question everything any government entity(state, Fed, local, etc) does! I don't care if you pay $1 mil in gas, food, gear etc. That's your choice and money spent completely separate from tags that u could spend regardless of getting drawn. But if the rate hike for tags isn't on par for what they are supposed to be doing with the money, even if it was $2 a tag, you should call them out. They work for us, not the other way around. I don't like paying more, but I cant say if its justified or not cause I haven't done my due diligence and researched it, so I wont complain....not yet anyway. I don't hate game and fish but I don't live in there hip pocket either.

• Like 5

"Quit hunting or pay there fees, no matter what they are!" Is the response you'll get on here from the usual few who love the Game and Fish no matter what. Its true, you could quit hunting and complaining or pay the fees. Or you could be a good American and question everything any government entity(state, Fed, local, etc) does! I don't care if you pay $1 mil in gas, food, gear etc. That's your choice and money spent completely separate from tags that u could spend regardless of getting drawn. But if the rate hike for tags isn't on par for what they are supposed to be doing with the money, even if it was $2 a tag, you should call them out. They work for us, not the other way around. I don't like paying more, but I cant say if its justified or not cause I haven't done my due diligence and researched it, so I wont complain....not yet anyway. I don't hate game and fish but I don't live in there hip pocket either.

Thank you

Stop putting in. Put in another state or be quiet

So you would rather be lead like sheep and not hold anyone accountable. Thats your right but I would like to know why the prices go up and the herds dwindle. Think Americans have been sheep long enough.

So Sheep you be quiet

• Like 2

Guest wdenike

I think this is a sterling idea! Wonder how ya all that feel this way are gona feel. When all the ones that quit putting in start hunting THE LONG SEASON. HA HA ROFLMAO.

Take care, Willie

Entitlement comes in all shapes and sizes...

Huh interesting , not sure the where this relates. But I'm not sure what goes through the low information voters heads either. Maybe your just concerned, that your chance to draw may be better. But there won't be much left to shoot at.

Take care, Willie

I feel every dollar collected and spent should be public and Voters should have a say if it seems they are not using the money or doing their job wisely... But the same reasons the Cardinals can keep kicking up ticket prices or promoters can get $100 a pop on a pay per view fight is because the demand and people keep paying .... I am more concerned with those lobbying to create much higher tag fee structures by creating trophy hunts than with an across the board increase for all and not messing with things ( I know you archery guys already feel you are getting shafted ) ..... IMO G&F dollars should never go in the state general fund that is where they are wasted the most...

• Like 2