Sign in to follow this  
218buck

AZ Game and Fish fall draw

When is the Drawing date for the 2015 Deer?

Differs each year but it should begin around July 20 or so. Leftover first come tags are available August 3 and tags from the draw get mailed out by August 7th.

I contacted the draw division this morning straight up @ 8:00 AM. The helpful gal said it should be resolved and to "try again, if it doesn't work, call me back". I logged back in and completed the final two applications for bonus points only for a couple members of our family group. Those actually applying for 2015 hunts had completed their apps some time ago, I was waiting on two young adults in their 20's to figure out if they had hunt opportunities this fall that would work within their schedules for the units they would prefer to hunt if drawn. There weren't so they Bonus Pointed. No foot dragger here, I get it, apply early and avoid problems.

That said, in my opinion, it is unacceptable that after as many years as the online draw system has been in place in Arizona that there are still issues with apps submitted in the last couple days. It isn't a mystery that lots of applicants are going to apply near the deadline, the system should be built and proofed to handle the worst case application scenarios, not the best case of daily consistent applying with no radical spikes of activity throughout the application process. I would imagine thousands of folks everyday are using the servicearizona website to register autos, motorcycles, license and tag info every day, all of which require credit card info input and the printing and emailing of confirmation receipts and that website has worked flawlessly every time I have used it for years.

I do not believe the AZGFD wants these issues to keep coming up but the fact they happen applicants every year indicates there is still work to be done to perfect the application process through the servers handling the info now.