DeerCraver

The Deadline is in... What did you put in for?

New member love the forms I have been reading for a few hours now....

This is my second AZ big game hunt and first try at AZ deer. I am an avid bird hunter and was an active big game hunter in my youth before college, life, kids, wife and career ate up my time. Now that I am a bit more established an approaching the big three "O" it is time.

What units do you all put in for?

While ham hunting and scouting I found a fair amount of coues deer mostly does and wanted to try for a coues buck this year, but I did go for a few units that have mules.

I have a feeling I will be landing 34a - a unit I am very familiar with from several bird hunts and the one ham hunt.

1016 12b any - Oct 23- Nov 1

1123 34a white- Nov 6th - 12

1031 20a any -Oct 23- Nov 1

1062 36b mule- Nov 13- 19

1029 19a any- Oct 23- Nov 1

Ill be honest 12b is a dream, and the rest of the units I know little to nothing about. That what is all about though learning and exploring, right?

Good luck New buddy. I did all points as I am spending a bundle on an Elk hunt in Az. I'M coming from North Dakota. Will move back to AZ, next year and cash in 9 deer points and put in for Ant. 11 and Sheep 23 Points. Be down for 2 weeks in Sept...............BOB!

• Like 2

Thanks Bob. Good luck with all those points when you come back.. All those are once in a lifetime hunts.

Welcome and Good Luck on the draw! This is the best hunting site I have found.

This is my second AZ big game hunt and first try at AZ deer. I am an avid bird hunter and was an active big game hunter in my youth before college, life, kids, wife and career ate up my time. Now that I am a bit more established an approaching the big three "O" it is time.

While ham hunting and scouting I found a fair amount of coues deer mostly does and wanted to try for a coues buck this year, but I did go for a few units that have mules.

I have a feeling I will be landing 34a - a unit I am very familiar with from several bird hunts and the one ham hunt.

Ill be honest 12b is a dream, and the rest of the units I know little to nothing about. That what is all about though learning and exploring, right?

You are guaranteed to draw that 34A tag, so you'll be deer hunting. If you weren't, your third through fifth choices wouldn't have got you anything. None of those hunts have any tags left to go into the 3-5 pass of the draw.

Since you're new to big game, you may want to read up on some of the "how the draw works" tutorials.

You are guaranteed to draw that 34A tag, so you'll be deer hunting. If you weren't, your third through fifth choices wouldn't have got you anything. None of those hunts have any tags left to go into the 3-5 pass of the draw.

Since you're new to big game, you may want to read up on some of the "how the draw works" tutorials.

Thank you for the advice.

20a had a 57% last year

36b was over 90%

and 19a 65%

are those a bit too ambitious?

Thank you for the advice.

20a had a 57% last year

36b was over 90%

and 19a 65%

are those a bit too ambitious?

Those are the odds for people who put those hunts as their first or second choice. For people who listed them as third, fourth, or fifth choices the odds were 0%. So, yes.

basically if it's not a unit with 100% draw success, it is "statistically impossible" to draw on 3-5th choice. I only ever put in for 2 sometimes 3 choices

• Like 1

basically if it's not a unit with 100% draw success, it is "statistically impossible" to draw on 3-5th choice. I only ever put in for 2 sometimes 3 choices

Got it. Thank you very much for pointers on the draw! I read somewhere you get an extra point for hunters education... I have my card from back in 1996 does that count? lol

yes it does. as long as there is record of you taking it, no matter if it was last year or 50 years ago. you never lose the hunters ed point. you can also get a loyalty point for applying for the same species for 5 years in a row. you can only have 1 loyalty point and if you ever go a year without applying, you will lose it and it will take 5 years to get back

17b and 20c. Mostly because i have an elk tag in those areas so I figured i could scout for my deer hunt during elk season.

• Like 1