hoghntr

??? for you / ALMOST DOVE TIME! yeee ha

Is it sick that I'm already thinking about dove?? :)

Let me know if you are also finger shooting during daily commute and evening fly overs? are the white wings haunting your dreams and pooping on your vehicle in driveway also?

• Like 10

I sit at my girls hitting lessons and at softball practice and shoot hundreds of doves. The other parents think I'm weird. Every year we have 3 WW's that come back and hangout in our backyard.

• Like 1

I had a big ole fat one sitting on my back wall about two days ago, smug as could be. Not the least bit concerned about the silly humans around him. Dang urban birds!

Sat there staring at me while I walked out back, tossed the football for the dog a couple times, wrestled & chased around with my little 2y.o. daughter & got the hose out to water the garden. Finally, this other dove flies over & lands beside him, scoots over to him & they kinda peck at each other a little bit then fly off together. Reminded me of that Brad Paisley song Waiting on a Woman. We've all been there, buddy...

• Like 2

They tease me. WWs hang out in my back yard. Drives me crazy

• Like 1

You mean to tell me you DON'T shoot Eurasian doves all year long? Shame on you. My pellet gun has hundreds of rounds through it for that purpose. And it keeps my dogs on point all year.

• Like 5

Guest akaspecials

I can't handle dove meat anymore. The dogs refuse to eat it too. I'm just hoping this rain was perfectly timed for a good quail year!

Dove breast wrapped in bacon with a slice of green chile on it and grilled. Can't beat it.

• Like 4

For 15 or so day my shotgun is used twice a day. Before work and after. I clean em at work from the morning and at home at night. Not to sure if the boss or the wife hates me more during dove season? Dove kabobs. Vinegar and oil, red chili flakes, little sea salt, oregano, basil, pepper. Soak halved breasts for about 3 hours, put on a skewer and put on a mesquite coal grill. Tastes like a steak or atleast a good chicken breast. Could also use wop dego dressing but I prefer home made. Used to soak in milk but tended to be dry after cooking. Fresh is good with fried eggs, salsa, and a few tortillas. Bacon green chili is good too. Livery meat but I like liver!

• Like 1

Dove breast wrapped in bacon with a slice of green chile on it and grilled. Can't beat it.

That's my favorite way to cook them too. A fresh jalapeno is also good instead of the green chili.

• Like 2

That's my favorite way to cook them too. A fresh jalapeno is also good instead of the green chili.

And ad little pepper jack cheese! Make it a dove jalapeno popper. yummmmmmm

• Like 1

I wait get a bunch - fillet the breast meat in slices and soak in teriyaki and cook and serve with stir fry veggies - awesome!

didn't tell my mom one time - she said they were the best stir fry mushrooms she ever had - lol

• Like 3