Sign in to follow this  
1uglydude

CVA Apex - now $500 UPDATED (one barrel sold)

REVISED

I sold the 243 barrel, so now I'm offering the frame, 223 barrel with forend, and 50 cal barrel with forend for $500. If you want the muzzleloding scope, then add another $100.

Do your research, this is a STEAL at $500. You're essentially getting the 223 version of the rifle at a reduced rate (and no tax or transfer fee) and the muzzleloader barrel and forend for free. For those of you expecting to draw a muzzleloader deer tag, this is a kick a$$ muzzleloader. I can't believe the groups I get at 200 yards.

CVA apex for sale. Get 3 rifles in one.

I took my first Arizona big game with this gun. I hate to sell it, but I need the funds to build my next toy.

Like the Encore, the Apex system allows for interchangeable barrels. This package has forearms for both muzzleloader and centerfire barrels. Included are a 50 caliber muzzleloader barrel, a 223 Remington barrel, and a new, unfired 243 Winchester barrel still in the package . I am asking $750 (now 700).

The scope is not included, but if you buy the rifle I will sell it for an extra $125 (now 100). It is a Nikon Omega 3-9 muzzleloader scope.

20150616_200317-1_zpsrmlkrsc6.jpg

I have always been curious about the accuracy of those single shot barrels.

More D

I was able to keep the 223 at around an inch at 100 yards, but I never really did much load development with that barrel. I had the muzzleloader doing 3.5 inches at 200 yards with harvester sabots and 250 gr tipped barnes.

Are you interested in any trades like other guns or optics?

To illustrate how well it handles, here's a photo of my wife's little sister who was 14 when she drew a combination muzzleloader deer/javelina tag a few years back.

We spent several months teaching her to shoot with the 223 barrel until she was comfortable with the rifle. When it came time for the hunt we put the muzzleloader barrel on and hit the hills.

The deer didn't cooperate, but when we glassed up a herd of javelina two drainages over, she carried that gun up and down across the desert for two miles. She dropped the biggest boar at 150 yards, shooting it right through the front shoulders (the extra blood you see at the rear is from processing). She never hesitated, never flinched, and was able to get the gun solidly against her shoulder, all because of the practice with the other barrel and the good overall balance of the Apex.

photo-2-1_zpstttmiktq.jpg

I have an offer to buy just the 243 barrel, but I'm only going to go through with it if I can sell the rest of the package. So, it's still available for the listed price, BUT, if you can't bring yourself to drop the dough on the whole thing, then I am now offering the frame, 50 cal barrel, 223 barrel, and both forends for $550.

These guns are awesome. I'll meet up so you can feel it in your hands before you commit.

I had a question about the scope mounts. Yes, the $500 (non-scope) price includes the one piece mount you see currently on the muzzleloader (it can be switched to the 223 if desired). The 223 barrel comes with a rail on it.