Wayne and I took a trip in mid May 2015 to Namibia, Africa, it truely is a hunting trip everyone should take.

The landscape, the food, the people, the hunting, the fishing! It is unforgettable!

Let me know if you are interested in going, I have hunt cost lists from the outfitter package/combo hunts are a great deal!

Don't miss out on a great experience for yourself and a family member or friend!

Enjoy the pictures! if I can get some of the video edited I will post that as well.

https://instagram.com/rudehorse_gunworks/

IMG_0534_zps5udzfbcq.jpg

DSC_0351_zpsn8ha7cwz.jpg

DSC_0370_zps2b8aqpmo.jpg

IMG_0562_zps8n5obr1d.jpg

IMG_0572_zps3vx11q6t.jpg

IMG_0595_zpseuhxbnwk.jpg

IMG_0612_zpsxhtkkc2r.jpg

IMG_0628_zpshxtvhvmf.jpg

IMG_0665_zps5r6zlbkm.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsoechy0nf.jpg

IMG_0675_zps0udivikr.jpg

IMG_0681_zpsxbwiqei0.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsucny4bwl.jpg

IMG_0709_zpswvabolxu.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsqm7jipce.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsqm7jipce.jpg

IMG_0735_zpsxfhmosfc.jpg

IMG_0738_zpspsaz9o4q.jpg

fishing%2017_zpscli8wce7.jpg

IMG_0783_zpsefn4jsrc.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsoz45dgln.jpg

IMG_0790_zpsqxzaco69.jpg

fishing%2023_zpspjbuflgy.jpg

DSC_0420%202_zpsd6c5xedz.jpg

DSC_0428%202_zpsqqssjk18.jpg

DSC_0433%202_zpse4mfus7f.jpg

DSC_0438%202_zpsqrbvjwnj.jpg

IMG_0811_zpsbsaaqyz2.jpg

IMG_0836_zpsxe9q6tbj.jpg

IMG_0781_zpsv0wfvphb.jpg

IMG_0842_zpsmpyrzvav.jpg

• Like 4

Wow awesome trip. Kudu, gemsbok, wildebeast. and hartebeast. Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

My wife are going to go next year on a photo safari trip we got at the deer banquet in May. We have looked into adding a few days to go hunting and have rates for that. The one thing we couldn't find are rates to have capes, skulls, etc. shipped back. What did you do there?

Good Stuff! Always love to see the Africa Hunts... Makes me wanna hurry up and go back. Congrats on a Full Bag!

My wife are going to go next year on a photo safari trip we got at the deer banquet in May. We have looked into adding a few days to go hunting and have rates for that. The one thing we couldn't find are rates to have capes, skulls, etc. shipped back. What did you do there?

Well Wayne and I did 2 completely different methods. Wayne wanted shoulder mounts of everything he got, besides the zebra that one he will have made into a rug. So he had the local taxidermist dip and pack his trophies and will be hgaving his mounts done up in Young, AZ.

That fee I believe was about $50 per animal + his shipping fees.

I went with the less expensive method and that is to have all euro mounts done and all hides tanned and felted. All 5 of my animals in that method came out to about $1500 + my shipping to the nearest port. But remember those fees are 4-6 moths down the road as it takes time to get all that completed. If you choose your mounts to be done there the cost is less by about 1/3 but your shipping costs will go up conciderably due to the crate size if you are getting full, pedestal, or shoulder mounts opposed to euro mounts and tanned/felted hides.

The choice is all your own and up to individual preference. I plan on going back again and didn't want $5000+ in taxidermy costs when that is the cost of another hunt package!

I do not have taxidermy costs for South Africa, but I do have costs from Jasper's in Namibia who is working on my trophies. To give you an idea. Where is your trip taking you? When are you going? Maybe we can get you in at Elandpro for your hunt this or next season!

Thanks!

Wow awesome trip. Kudu, gemsbok, wildebeast. and hartebeast. Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

It is the trip of a lifetime, but if you plan it right and don't blow your wad in one trip you can always make a second! It is closer to reality than you think!

Well Wayne and I did 2 completely different methods. Wayne wanted shoulder mounts of everything he got, besides the zebra that one he will have made into a rug. So he had the local taxidermist dip and pack his trophies and will be hgaving his mounts done up in Young, AZ.

That fee I believe was about $50 per animal + his shipping fees.

I went with the less expensive method and that is to have all euro mounts done and all hides tanned and felted. All 5 of my animals in that method came out to about $1500 + my shipping to the nearest port. But remember those fees are 4-6 moths down the road as it takes time to get all that completed. If you choose your mounts to be done there the cost is less by about 1/3 but your shipping costs will go up conciderably due to the crate size if you are getting full, pedestal, or shoulder mounts opposed to euro mounts and tanned/felted hides.

The choice is all your own and up to individual preference. I plan on going back again and didn't want $5000+ in taxidermy costs when that is the cost of another hunt package!

I do not have taxidermy costs for South Africa, but I do have costs from Jasper's in Namibia who is working on my trophies. To give you an idea. Where is your trip taking you? When are you going? Maybe we can get you in at Elandpro for your hunt this or next season!

Thanks!

For the first part of the trip (the photo safari) we will be at the Zulu Nyala game lodge. It is about 10 miles in from the coast and 20 miles north of St Lucia in South Africa. I have contacted Off to Africa Safaris which isn't to far from there about hunting opportunities. They sent me prices, which did not include taxidermy and shipping fees. If I do hunt I will likely have the animals dipped and sent back here for taxidermy. $50 per animal to dip and package seems pretty reasonable. Any idea of what the shipping might run? They also said their fees do not include "CITIES permits" any idea what those are and what they might run? We are thinking about going in July of 2016, but don't have a firm date.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an awesome time. :)

TJ

wow, now thats a trip....maybe one day

Why not next year? If you just want to take several animals and do a 5 day hunt 7 days total... 4 non-trophy animals that's only like $1650 for the hunt its self... heck that's shooting for free and just paying the stay... If it were a la cart it would be 2100 just for the stay @300 a day! Of course you have a taxidermy fee and airport transportation $300 and your flight about $1500. But who else can go on a complete safari for about $4k? Not many! Their bigger packages are even better deals if anyone wants info I can send it to your email!

IMG_0512_zpsrinatskl.jpg

IMG_0514_zpszcktjdvu.jpg

DSC_0343_zpskxscsvfi.jpg

IMG_0517_zpsvzsp4aeu.jpg

IMG_0519_zpsboxs0qbu.jpg

IMG_0524_zpsq1rgdnme.jpg

IMG_0531_zpsirlv0tez.jpg

IMG_0536_zpscqm7suqq.jpg

IMG_0539_zpslfdxel7h.jpg

IMG_0544_zpssx5v4wc7.jpg

IMG_0548_zpskxadjxdk.jpg

IMG_0552_zpslk1quo1k.jpg