IMG_0818_zpsythsabqk.jpg

IMG_0819_zpsfbmodlmc.jpg

IMG_0820_zpsdj9rqvhg.jpg

IMG_0822_zpsvvjok5oq.jpg

IMG_0827_zps8mcwzlcf.jpg

IMG_0830_zpsouaicaan.jpg

IMG_0831_zps8e0bps35.jpg

IMG_0833_zps2r65dr65.jpg

That is one BEAUTY of a Donkey!! My favorite animal from my trip... that and my Kudu... Congrats!!!

I see your buddy shot a couple with broken horns. Did he get a discount because of that & are they ones they like to cull out?

I see your buddy shot a couple with broken horns. Did he get a discount because of that & are they ones they like to cull out?

That was me that shot the old bulls with the broken horns. I like the old gnarly ones. There was no discount for that. Would have been nice, but I didn't even ask. THey were both about 9-10 years old and this would have probably been their last season even without the broken horns.

• Like 1

We ate a form or multiple forms of the game meat every day 3x a day! Amazing food, usually has a bit of German influence. Gerrit did most of the BBQ outside in their covered seating area, and on the grill, as well as, when we went fishing he BBQd some gemsbok sausage for breakfast and lunch. Makkie his wife, makes all the breakfast and lunch meals as we are preparing for the hunt or out hunting at those times. They include all the beers and water and soda you can stomach. They also have a small selection of liquor if that is your poison. After a good day of hunting and dinner they usually bring out the German style aperitifs for a shot with everyone!
We ate blesbok, warthog, kudu, black and blue wildebeest, gemsbok, eland, lamb, goat, and a bit of beef!
I would have rather had the wild game than any of the traditional meats, they were fresher and had better flavor. But they usually gave options.

The greatest part of the day was coming back to the compound, they had a second group there that was hunting with Gerrit's cousin Peter. They were from BC, Canada... Had all these big stories about killing tons of bears and this and that...
The first morning all we had run into was that jackal so they called us "jackal team" then we ended the first day with 2 single shot dropped kudu, they had a blesbok they took 4 shots on, and a warthog they had to track for half a day because his son-in-law shot it in the foot... Yeah we quickly went from "jackal team or "B-Team" to A team for sure.
The best part was the food, people, and conversation after the hunt. The trigger time for a hunter is priceless. Our 3rd day we took 4 animals! The Canadians took 2! We had the skinners working until sun down!

Due to extreme drought in Africa, Elandpro Safaries is offering great discounts on all hunts. Cull hunts, trophy hunts, and even all your site seeing needs. Please check out the facebook post or contact me at rudehorsegunworks.com for details.

post-13473-0-75618800-1447955216_thumb.jpg

Definitely should've gotten a deal on those with broken horns-still trophies for sure, but most Outfitters would discount them. I've known them to cut trophy fees in half for animals that have a bit of a crooked horn or even a tip that is broken off.

I'll be in Namibia in late July-August with Aru Game Lodge hosting a couple of hunting groups- really looking forward to hunting it and comparing it to what I saw in South Africa this past June. I shot a couple trophies there and am just getting them home this week. Price tag on getting those suckers home, OUCH!!!

I will more than likely not be shooting any animals in Namibia unless its to cull some jackals or baboons.

Just saw this post. LOVED all the pics guys!! Congrats on a killer safari!!

rossislider: To answer your question, CITES is a treaty called the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of flora and fauna. Export and import permits are required when a trophy animal is listed is a CITES I species. Export permits may be required by some countries for CITES II species. No permits are needed to import most antelopes taken on "plains game hunts" in South Africa or Namibia into the U.S. --- Bill Quimby

Glad to see a little life in this African forum! I'm Jonesing to return to Africa for my 4th bowhunt....but probably going to have to wait one more year until after I cash in my bonus points for the Strip so I don't have vacation time problems. I love it over there!!