egerdes

6a archery bull first timer

Hahahaha. Usually people aren't so blunt about asking for a honey hole with post #1. Gotta love e scouting on the first post. Go to azgfd.com and look at the unit overview pages. Buy a map. Drive to unit. Put boots on ground

• Like 4

Wow...You didn't use 11 points for 6a did you?!? Flat Line Maps, unit specific...

• Like 2

Expect alot of people no matter where you go but this has to be a joke waste 11 points on that hunt?! No way

• Like 3

I'll give you a little advise without a lecture. During a lot of the early archery hunts up there I've noticed they like to cross into 5a at night and cross back in the morning to 6a. Drive the highways from the top of the rim above strawberry to clientswells , stop and listen most of the time you don't have to call at all to locate them. There are alot of elk in the pines from the highway to about 20 miles in. Must people will be hunting the high flats. You will find them

Go to the Mormon Lake lodge and ask for Jake. He knows that unit like the back of his hand. He can tell you where to go.

The very bottom most parts of fossil creek holds at least six 400-430" bulls.

• Like 1

The very bottom most parts of fossil creek holds at least six 400-430" bulls.[/qlouote]Lol or at least if your in the hot springs with the dirty hippies and inhale you'll see at least 6 400"+ bulls down there lol

Thanks for the advice wildwoody. I have been to 6a scouting 7 times since being drawn to try and learn the unit but haven't been there on the early archery hunt yet so I am not sure where most of the hunters go. I own a cabin in strawberry so I chose 6a so my kids can go with. I know it wasn't the best choice but I am most interested in getting the kids excited about hunting! Just thought I would ask... I have been reading the discussions for a few months now. Btw, do you live in camp verde presmyk? If so, I am pretty sure I know most of your family. Good luck with your tags!

Guess sometimes we shouldn't draw conclusions before asking! It sounds like you have already done lots of scouting and I can't blame you for burning your points tgere so your kids can tag along! I've drawn this tag as well. PM me if you want to discuss the unit? I have some ideas although I've never been to the unit

+1. if you need help let me no if i'm not busy i'd love to help. The only stupid ? Is the 1 on asked. some have never killed so they have no advise but smart a## answers