singleshot

Mexico 2016

Looking to throw in with some guys who know the ropes on a semi guided hunt in Mexico. I have good equipment, not a pain in the butt and take care of my business. Being in some good country with good potential for big bucks is more important than budget. Somewhere to sleep, bring our own food, I don't know never done it.

Prefer to ride down as a group or with an individual who knows the ins and out's of fire arms paperwork. permitting etc.

• Like 1

If I was going next year you'd be welcome to go with me but I have four out of state hunts that took priority. I'll shoot you a PM with some information for you.

• Like 1

Definitely talk to Ernesto. He is a member here. Check out their Facebook page El Trofeo Outfitters. I've chatted with him a bit and gotten a lot of good info. If you get a group together, keep me in mind. I can't commit 100% at this time but definitely want to do it at some point. The only way my wife would ever consider letting me go is with a group.

• Like 1

Singleshot, I will be very happy to help you and make sure you are good in Sonora Mexico. We have several excellent Outfitters here that are sponsors of this great website but I don't know if they do offer Self Guided or Do it Your Self type of hunts; you can check with them.

My email is Ecibri@aol.com email me and I will give you the hunt info. and even if you don't come and hunt with me I can help you with the Logistics, Permits, Preparation of your hunt and will make sure you are good and have a great time in Mexico ok?

Thank You.

Ernesto C.

• Like 2

I looked at some sites a while back just for poops and grins. Shooting from memory but I believe it was $4000ish.

If you can find DIY it runs between $1700-3500 for the tags. We usually spend around $2k for our tags..

Talk to Ernesto like prdatr said. Shoot me a PM if you have other questions or if you book a trip and I can give you some feedback on how to make the trip go smoothly.

• Like 2

So those prices mentioned above are per person, but does the price change depending on the group size? Like say 4-5 people is cheaper per person than 1-2, or does it even matter?

Carpcody. that's a question you will need to ask the Outfitter. Every Outfitter or person you deal with it will be different and everyone charges differently.

My advice is do your home work, make phone calls and ask questions. Some charge for a Gun permit on top of the hunt price and some charge for trophy fees and/or deer tag on top of the base price; ask if there are any hidden cost. Ask about documentation, permits etc. Ask for references.

Hunting in Mexico is easy again.. if you do your home work.

Ernesto C,

Hello, I would give Ernesto a call. I'm going hunting with him this season and have been since 2012. Never had any problems, well except for the airlines!!! They do it right, shoot me a msg if you have any questions.

El kiny

• Like 2