Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

Just another statistic, kid

Well it happened. Last week I put a camera on a tank. I have been avoiding being so bold with camera placement, but I went and did it. Then on Friday, it occurred to me that it was the Weekend of the 4th of July and I better move my cam. I raced up there and got that camera moved to a spot I thought was safer. It was away from the water but not far enough from water/road evidently. I knew the cam placement was a little risky, but not many folk have been back here all summer, so I rolled the dice.

I went up this afternoon and camera is gone. Dang it. Well I knew I was taking a risk and I lost. It sucks to know that there are such scumbags among our hunting community. It's not surprising, still sucks. :unsure:

Was it ground level? I see a lot of guys putting them higher. I know I know. If they want it they will get it but make it as hard as possible. Sorry to hear that happened to ya. Karma's a bich. Maybe their butt cheeks will grow together and they blow up.

• Like 1

Being a holiday weekend it could have been anyone hopefully a fellow hunter would of had more respect for another hunters property sorry to hear that

could have been Game and fish or forest service as well. most of them have that 24 hour mentality and if its easy to see they snap them right off the trees.

• Like 1

I have my doubts it was game & fish or forest service. Just a scum bag in my opinion. :(

TJ

unit 19a- between Chino Valley and Jerome. I hang these cameras locally so I can check on them once a week and move them around as needed. I do not have a tag for this unit, but I am learning a lot and these cams help.

The cam was locked with a Python Cable, but yea, it was down low. .It was in a security box that was covered with camo tape. The thieves probably had cable cutters, cause there weren't many foot prints around the tree. Looks like they spotted it, snipped the cable snagged the camera and bolted.

960927.jpg

Well, I just ordered a Cuddeback C3 to replace that one (Bushnell Bone Collector Trophy Cam)

Well, I gotta keep reminding myself that I knew I was rolling the dice. I do believe that some folk have become educated enough (and not enough) to take their bolt cutters when they go scouting in the hills. But I already knew that. I put the camera there anyways, so I gotta take some of the blame. Live and learn.

There were probably some good pics of elk and putty tat on that cam.

Well, I gotta keep reminding myself that I knew I was rolling the dice. I do believe that some folk have become educated enough (and not enough) to take their bolt cutters when they go scouting in the hills. But I already knew that. I put the camera there anyways, so I gotta take some of the blame. Live and learn.

There were probably some good pics of elk and putty tat on that cam.

BULL CHIT!!! there is no reason for you to take any blame. Why should anyone including your self take blame for someone elses lack of moral character. If you locked and it it still got stolen then that's the fault of the thief and his parents for not teaching them right from wrong. They probably shoulda' had their azz whipped when they were younger.

• Like 2

Better yet look up Trace cameras at academy sports. 39$each for 8mp takes great pics and free shipping

I bought a couple of these off eBay to try. With eBay coupons was able to get them for $26 a piece. Only thing I don't like about them is the inability to change the setting for how often it takes a pic. I also taped up the sensor to just a little hole to cut down sensitivity. Other than that takes a good pic. If they get stole then not out to much.

Brian