Sign in to follow this  

So, while you were dropping a deuce, a bear came and ravaged through your backpack...incredible! And you never even heard the sneaky culprit in action...scary! That is one smart and dangerous bear! Good luck!

Not exactly how it went my boys have a weird fetish against using bathroom right out of camp after stepping in a deuce.

So basicly I'm supposed to go 100 yards out. After 15 years of this its a hard habit to break needless to say I doubt there is

any NINJA BEARS out there creeping through the tree tops. lol

I was once messing around with a predator call while my hunting partner was out using the shovel. I was slightly annoyed at this unplanned interruption to our bear hunt, so I encouraged him to make it quick. I expected him to be gone for no more than five or six minutes. I moved about 50 yards away from the direction he had headed and nonchalantly started to squeal away, partly to scare him and partly to annoy him to speed things up. Just a few minutes later I caught some light brown movement on the near hillside about 100 yards away and identified a ninja cat slunking through the growth towards me. I brought that lion in to about 15 yards alongside a large fallen pine tree abreast of me. I knew that in about 2-3 seconds I would be squeezing the trigger of my .30-06 to tag this cougar when it entered a small clearing beyond this fallen giant. Then, without warning, the cat made a 180 degree turn behind the protected covering provided by this woody wall and melted into the thicket quicker than it had appeared. I was left wondering what I had possibly done to spook this feline when my less sensitive human ears picked up the sauntering melody of my buddy shuffling through the vegetation as he approached me, now that his business was done. Lesson learned...always carry some reading material in your pack for your buddy, just in case your buddy decides to drop a deuce during prime calling hours.