280REM

THEFT, yes THEFT!

Hi:

I have had some reservation in regard to posting this, but now feel compelled to do so. My son and I have been setting trail cam(s) for about 18 months now. We started with one, then purchased a second shortly thereafter. Mind you ALL have been set on PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Six weeks ago I purchased an additional pair of them online. So we then had a total of four. Drove to check on the cams yesterday. We soon discovered that TWO had been stolen from the same waterhole! We are in complete SHOCK!

Thirty years ago I needed to worry about "LOWLIFE" stealing tree stands, now trail cameras! I do guess that we had indeed been lucky, but these setups were NOT on public lands.

What type of mindset do these THIEVES possess to think and act as if they are entitled to someone else's property???

Well, we lost about $300 in hard earned cameras, a bracket, two SD cards and 16 rechargeable AA batteries.

To the LOSER(S) that stole our two, trail cameras:

It is my sincere hope and prayer that something an order of magnitude(x 10) more devastating befalls you in short order. You do deserve this in fair payment for such a cowardly and lowly act.

Boldly,

280REM

• Like 6

sorry to hear that but its happening for a while now. I had 2 stolen just last year and it sucks. i have 2 cams left and when (which they will) they get stolen I will not be purchasing anymore.

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

I want to put a virus on all my sd cards that will corrupt the cpu if downloaded. only problem is I suck at computer stuff.

• Like 2

And I know some of you may be thinking, "what dumbass puts two cameras on one WATERHOLE!?!?"

Well I was testing one of the new cameras to figure out the correct setting and we had multiple bucks coming into this waterhole. I later found out that Bucks were coming in and my first camera couldn't see them. We don't have any intentions of hunting deer on this property because it is simply too flat and in a unit we don't normally hunt deer. On this property we have been fortunate to get photos of muleys, javelinas, coyotes, bobcats, and badgers. Too bad we can't even put cameras on it anymore, in fear of losing more. Here are some photos of a buck we have been watching grow over the past 1.5 months. He isn't a toad but I loved watching him progress, it's a shame we won't be able to see him finish up

post-12189-0-40113800-1437424209_thumb.jpg

post-12189-0-85628200-1437424235_thumb.jpg

sorry to hear that but its happening for a while now. I had 2 stolen just last year and it sucks. i have 2 cams left and when (which they will) they get stolen I will not be purchasing anymore.

This is me also. I've lost a couple that were well off the beaten path, not near a waterhole, road or hiking trail. The still eventually go nicked. I'll be more careful while using up the ones I have remaining, but have no plans to spend more money for others to have my cameras. I always like surprise parties anyway, so I guess I'll find good looking areas & just wait to see who shows up.

I hate thieves! They suck. But with the way things are nowadays I'm not surprised, even on private land. Blinds, cameras, stands, he'll even chalky sheds in front yards get stolen. I know some say it's Forrest service or azgfd or bunny huggers that take em but I will bet the vast majority of the theft is from fellow hunters. Comroderie between hunters that don't know each other is fading fast in the me first generation, and it has nothing to do with age! Sad deal.....

• Like 6

They lost the ability to look in the mirror and see a stand up person, from now on all they will see is a thief. I can't see how that will ever be worth a couple of trail cams.

• Like 3

They lost the ability to look in the mirror and see a stand up person, from now on all they will see is a thief. I can't see how that will ever be worth a couple of trail cams.

jmall, I see your point you are trying to make, but these azzholes would have to have a conscience or morals to feel bad looking in a mirror. They see nothing and feel nothing. Dam shame too.

I do not go into pawn shops, so I wonder, are pawn shops selling a bunch trail cams? I mean, where are all these stolen trail cams going?

Considering the widespread occurrences, it obviously not just a couple of bad actors, here.

I am not too surprised when they are stolen from water holes or stolen next to the road, but on private property or miles off the beaten path, that's harsh. Disturbing.

to bad you can't do the blue dye like they show on TV when a thief opens the money bags - if they open the camera - it spays a permanent blue dye on them everywhere

if set on private land be nice to set a few - cheap- perimeter cams to catch these CRIMINALS

wouldn't that also be trespassing!?

to bad you can't do the blue dye like they show on TV when a thief opens the money bags - if they open the camera - it spays a permanent blue dye on them everywhere

if set on private land be nice to set a few - cheap- perimeter cams to catch these CRIMINALS

It was in fact trespassing. And these cameras were not very visible that had to actually walk around the water to see them, and why someone is hiking over a mile into private property to walk around a waterhole, is beyond me unless they are only looking for cameras?

I do not go into pawn shops, so I wonder, are pawn shops selling a bunch trail cams? I mean, where are all these stolen trail cams going?

Considering the widespread occurrences, it obviously not just a couple of bad actors, here.

I am not too surprised when they are stolen from water holes or stolen next to the road, but on private property or miles off the beaten path, that's harsh. Disturbing.

Ebay and craigslist, most likely. too easy to steal and sell in the digital age. In fact one of our members here got his stolen bow back by watching backpage until it came up for sale.

• Like 1

It was in fact trespassing. And these cameras were not very visible that had to actually walk around the water to see them, and why someone is hiking over a mile into private property to walk around a waterhole, is beyond me unless they are only looking for cameras?

dude, guarantee whoever took the cams have been to that water before.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear this, I haven't had any stolen yet after a # of years. I have 4 up now for early bull rifle, and thats more than I usually hang. My luck will probably run out.